Build phase, where to find in coach jack

Good evening.

I’m approaching the end of my 8 week base phase and was attempting to use Coach Jack to move into build phase. I’m new to structured training so my goal was 2 months base, 2 months build, then move into specialty.

When inputting all my info I can’t seem to find a build phase. Would you be able to let me know the best plan that would resemble the build phase in coach jack?

I’m new to playing with Coach Jack but when I set an event date far in the future, it gives me a full plan with 1 month BASE, 3 month BUILD, and 2 1/2 month PEAK.

Perhaps experiment with adding an event date.

1 Like

Yes setting an event date will make it more clear. I think if you set 12-16 weeks for event date you will see what you want. There is some confusion that people use our build blocks as base blocks but generally since our build blocks start out easy enough it’s not super demanding. If you did true base or base+ then you might just want to choose the Serious Italian, Crunched or one of these and start at intensity level 1. If you did something other than base or base+ then you might want to move the starting intensity level up to 4 or so or it will feel too easy. Not sure if this is clear. I need to build this into the tool but really if you just see what jack recommends then that should be good, you might want to just increase the starting intensity slider. During build you should try to have a ramp rate of 4-6 to make the best gains.

1 Like

Excellent. Thank you all for your quick responses. Love the platform and the great training. I’ve used trainerroad and system and I feel this works better for me.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the kind words.

I’ve been playing around with the plan builder and I’m wanting to focus on 2 builds

Would you be able to tell me the difference between progressive sweet spot or crunched power.

Would you feel crunched power would be a better focus. I did a true base phase routine for the previous 2.5 months so the focus will be on build. This is my first official year on structured training so want to make sure I nail it. I have a friend that’s been helping me out and giving good advice but wanted to come straight to the source. Any help is appreciated.