NEW: Forums, launched Nov 2020 - Getting Started

Welcome!!! Anyone can post on these forums as long as it is valuable to other cyclists and not unrelated spam. Please register and help contribute. Your TrainerDay login will work with our forums.

In this topic, let’s discuss how to get started with TrainerDay as well as all the important details of getting started with indoor cycling as well as potentially outdoor performance cycling.

2 Likes

This looks great. Much better than facebook (if users can help it).

I’ve been a big fan of TrainerDay in my time using it so far. Affordable, reliable, and the suggestions and feature releases are fantastic. I use it both as an athlete and as a coach. It’s helpful to push workouts to TrainingPeaks and see them directly in there and saves a lot of creation time by building them in here, then pushing them out to other platforms when needed (build 1 time in TrainerDay, and can use it in TrainerDay app, GarminConnect, TrainingPeaks, Zwift, etc, etc).

I do most my training outside when the weather allows it (hard from Nov - March where I’m from) so I build workouts in TrainerDay and send them to my devices. Still learning new things every day with TrainerDay, and am looking forward to seeing how things continue to move forward!

3 Likes

Hi Guys,
it is a good news! We need a open platform for exchange our experience and for teach myself.
So, Alex thanks a lot!

1 Like

Historically I have disliked indoor riding. I do it because I want to maintain my fitness in winter. I stick to short, high intensity efforts - never more than once every two days. Rides are 30 minutes max. That includes 15 minutes of warmup and 6 heavy-duty intervals. I increase the workload by very small amounts from day-to-day and week-to-week. After doing this for almost a year - indoors and out - my strength has continually improved. I can now pedal with the same power that I had in my forties although fast twitch sprinting muscles appear to be gone for good.

If this sounds complicated, believe me, it’s not. Can you go to a training site and get recommendations for “interval training for 60+ year olds who have no interest in bike racing”? I couldn’t find any. That’s why I joined TrainerDay.com. I can build custom workouts specifically for me. I change parameters before every ride to allow for small but important continuous workload increases. After 11 months, I look forward to these high effort workouts as much as outdoor rides in the summer. I’m as surprised as anyone.

Here’s what my workouts look like these days: Between 2 and 3X FTP for 30 second intervals. I also do 5-6X FTP 10 second intervals once a week. The new TrainerDay Slope Mode let’s me do these HIIT efforts better than any other training platform - at any price.

Congratulations to @Alex and team. You have built a special site with a very bright future.

3 Likes