Please prevent screen lock durning pause, and add a few features

Like everyone I want this app to be better and I see that there are a few problems with this application:

1. Keep the screen of the device on and prevent turning off once the workout has been selected and is waiting for the user to start cycling
  2. Ability to continue previous workout if it was not completed (either from an auto save or previously saved incomplete workout)
  3. Possibility to jump to a specific part of a workout.

I guess that is all for now

I am not sure if it is like ā€œeveryoneā€ as many feel it is the best or at least the best for them, but for sure there will always be room for improvement. We are still small but move as fast as possible.

Interesting on #1. I will check on this, first time I have heard of this, that is how I thought it worked. #2, I donā€™t know if any app has this feature and you are the first to request it. You are the first person to ask for this. #3 we have that with the skip button, meaning going forward. Just have to press it a few times. Is there somet.

I donā€™t so much mind at the start, but if you have to pause for a pee break e.t.c, it does annoy me that the screen locks whilst you are away, would be nice for it to stay on the workout and the app stayed active (iOS)

Annoy is the only word I could think of, but it was is more like ā€œsighā€

TR does ā€¦ but not sure why, and it causes more agro than worth, you get two uploads to strava and connect, the orginal, and the resumed (which includes the original)

I see. Yeah, seems confusing. I do like the feature to repeat a completed workout. Also I guess we have the ability to continue a workout now. Just donā€™t save it until you finish it :slight_smile:

True. Screen locks when app is active but not recording. No problem while recording, but during preparation for start, the f-word came up multiple timesā€¦

1 Like

Ok new users and long time power users complaining. Will fix asap :slight_smile:

1 Like

You need to understand that may of us are trying a new platform and coming from more evolved ones we see features that are crucial or not working perfectly. This is the main reason for my and some other peopleā€™s comments.

1 Like

I donā€™t quite understand the rationale for this feature in all honesty.
In ERG mode, youā€™re basically doing intervals and youā€™re supposed to have a warmup to at least get your HR and muscles warmed up etcā€¦ continuing a workout in the middle seems to me anyways, not something i want. ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Now, if it was a Zwift Ride, w/ a Map then perhapsā€¦

2 Likes

I know everyone wants a newer 4$/month app to be better than a 13 year old 20$/month app :slight_smile: Really I canā€™t blame you or anyone else, even though it does sound a little funnyā€¦

I totally appreciate the new users, and being a previous TR user myself, that wanted something like TrainerDay, so I fully understand where you are coming from.

1 Like

Also, this feature auto-lock screen blocking when on the quick start tab or workout tab is completed and will be available in the next version of our app. Should be soon.

2 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s hard for me to wrap my head around also. I guess TR users or someone working there thought it was a good idea, and obviously @matmal likes it but if you are doing 6 VO2Max intervals and you do 3 now and 3 this evening this is a completely different workout not to mention what happens to the second warmup. I do fully understand wanting to go to my history and repeat a workout though. And if I did not complete it last time I could do the warmup again and the press skip to get to my desired spot in the workout. So I would add the ability to repeat a workout. It should give two options. ā€œComplete what you did last time?ā€ or re-execute the full original workout?

Our app has additional advantages (or features) over TR in that you can mix and merge workouts together, and design on the go. For example what if you switched to slope mode in the middle manually or increased or decreased the %, we could allow people to re-execute the workout they did rather than as designedā€¦ This is all interesting but has great room for confusion.

1 Like

I think, what you might find, from experiance, is the TR app crashes a lot, and the erg gets stuck at a %, so restart the app, restart the workout within a few minutes ā€¦ I donā€™t think it is a workout ā€œfeatureā€, and I have never felt the need for it any app ā€¦ apart from TR

Oh I see, well we have this feature too!!! :slight_smile: Meaning if our app ever crashes, or your phone dies in the middle of the ride when you start the app back up you are right where you left off. Oh I did not understand, now I doā€¦ You mean TR needs this because it crashes a lot. Actually it is incredibly frustrating to lose what you did so we have it too to be extra safe but it is only one workout not twoā€¦

i c icā€¦ now it makes more senseā€¦but, it really crashes that badly?
Iā€™ve only used TR for a month or so, then couldnā€™t take the USD15/mth (Bad exchange rate)

1 Like

They donā€™t sell it like that, but itā€™s why I think itā€™s there ā€¦ Iā€™ve never know TD to crash !!!

Iā€™ve had a lot of frustrating issues running the TR app over the years, the main ones revolve it locking into a power mode when using ERG, lossing connection and just crashing, I expect itā€™s improved ā€¦ just very frustrating when it happens, and situations where Iā€™ve used ā€œresume workoutā€

I suffer from FOMO when it comes to TR, not a current user

Yeah, TD does not crash often, mostly for people with small memory. In the beginning it happened a little more so I just wanted to be as safe as possible.

1 Like