Workout search - Please add more sort directions (COMPLETED)

Here are a couple of ideas for the workout search page:

Search option should include the workout type eg, threshold, vo2, endurance etc.

Sort by should be up or down: eg, intensity from highest to lowest as well as the other way round.

Almost all of it is already there (see screenshot). The only thing missing is the possibility to invert the sorting (it‘s always low to high).

1 Like

Yes and even more accurate is if you put the word zone in front

But yes we could add more sort options but if you are looking for something specific just put intensity between a range and scroll down but yes we could add the other sort direction, we can turn this into a requestion for more sort otptions/directions

What do I do if I’m looking for a endurance or tempo ride?

What do you mean? Just type Endurance or Tempo

Hi
New to this, so it might already been adressed: there is now thousands of workouts and therefore a jungel when looking for «good» workouts. «Popularity» does not necessesarily say much - how about a rating (1-5?) so that workouts(and plans?) which «are good» are easier to find?

That’s a good point. I noticed that a lot of “popular” workouts aren’t necessarily very “good” workouts, at least in my opinion

I am in complete agreement with that.

Ian added this to the site. I am moving here

When searching workouts on the website when clicking any of the categories to sort its always smallest to largest, it would be handy to be able to click the category button again to get the reverse sort largest to smallest.

For example:
I search by duration for any work outs between 20min and 40mins (139 pages worth!) I then click sort by duration and I get all the workouts from 20mins and upwards
It would be handy to be able to get the reverse sort of the all the workouts from 40mins and down (largest to smallest).
Thanks
Ian

Could be possible at the web search workouts page that the results match in order from A-Z or Z-A?
I mean, if I sort a search by popularity, that in the results appears the most popular first.

Or at least the option to select how to see the results in ascendent or descendent order.

Hi, right now when you search it does search by most popular first
 :slight_smile: Not sure if that is a good example. Do you have other examples of sort orders you want to see? I understand you want this flexibility and I agree with the concept just not sure what are the most important sorts that are missing.

For example I am not sure why anyone would want to see the least popular first, although I realize it is possible.

Popularity was just an example, to be able to order the results, if I search between workouts with IT (or Stress or duration) between 90-105 I would like to be able to choose the order in which to see them and according to what criteria. That is why I was referring to being able to choose between an ascending or descending criterion. The same happends when my search is for exemple “VO2max 90 min” the list ordering by intensity follow an ascendent criterium. I’m just asking if was possible to change or select that.

Thanks a lot for your answer
 And many many thanks for yor work

Best regards from Mallorca :wink:

Oh yes Mallorca, now I remember :slight_smile: You are very welcome and yes now I clearly understand sorting by time, intensity or stress makes a lot of sense to me. I think there is another request for this as well. I will look for it and merge these.

I have actually been super confused about “popularity”, I assumed 1 would be the most popular? Is higher better or lower better? Is there a clue anywhere I am missing? When I click popularity they seem to sort in “descending” number, so I guess my initial thought of 1 being the #1, most popular one is wrong, and it is some computed score so 9999999 would be super popular! As you mentioned I don’t see why someone would sort by least popular, but still, I think some indicator to reduce the “mental burden” of what popularity means would be nice.

Oh interesting. No biggest is most popular. It’s actually a number related to number of times downloaded and added to plans and sent to TP intervals and so on. Sounds like I need to improve this some how.

A very easy thing you could do perhaps (I am trying to be constructive) is just add a tooltip. I tried to poke around and find an example somewhere and the easiest I found was on this forum. At the top of the forum for “Top” vs “Latest” hovering says something that makes it pretty clear. It isn’t perfect but is a step in the right direction that should be minimal to implement. I do think duration should have a duration ascending/descending toggle, same as intensity/stress/date etc, so I would make all of them have a ^ and V (ascending and descending) option as you click them. Just some ideas on what I expected when I clicked these and they were a bit jarring to use for me (barely)

I think just the (i) info clickable with popup description would be good, and yes your idea made me realize this up/down arrows like this would be nice solution.

Ok this is done. Try it out. I think this is nice :slight_smile: Forced me to clean up some of the worst bad workouts in there intensity = 4 :slight_smile: for 60 minutes.

1 Like

@Alex Great job! That works really well :+1:

I think the iconography looks amazing (way better than the little arrows) but, can I assume you deliberately didn’t allow sorting on the popularity and date fields?

Cool, glad you like it. My designer found a full-time job but one of my developers did this icon design :slight_smile: Yes I did not include them on purpose. To explain my thinking being small, I frequently choose to take the minimum approach as it is less development and we can always add it. In this case I am not sure that was the best choice :slight_smile: