ANT+ heart rate intermittent

Hi,

Loving the app/platform.
It seems my heart rate is intermittently dropping to zero quite a bit when I’m in a work out or even just sitting idle. It may not be the case but seems to co-inside with an update to 3.3.8 (around 7 days ago).
I’ve used different Garmin heart rate straps (new batteries in each) and different phones with the app on and still the same thing.

This is from the 1st Jan:
https://imgur.com/LkqzJqi

This is from today, 5th Jan using a different phone (never had app on before) and different Garmin heart rate strap:
https://imgur.com/RWmIcWX

There are 2 other workouts in between that have the same drop outs.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or may be having a similar issue.

Thanks

I can’t suggest any resolution (I don’t have one either) but can at least confirm that you are not the only one experiencing this frustrating issue.

Edit: actually, I realized I do have a suggestion although not a direct fix. If one happens to have a HRM that allows for saving the data in a separate file (and it sounds like you do) then simply do not rely on TrainerDay to record the heart rate trace; after your workout is finished just export the power data and combine it with the heart rate data using separate software. A pain not to be able to view the HR during a training session, but at least it’s a way to facilitate analysis afterward and while still using the app. HTH

Thanks Bertbert for confirming, appreciated.
Forgot to mention I’m on Android.
On my last last training session I connected both power meter and heart strap to TrainerDay and my Garmin 830 at the same time and ran the same training session.
My heart rate never dropped on the Garmin 830 (unless the software masks it) but did in TD.
This pushed my data to Garmin Connect with the correct heart rate. TD obviously still shows the drops.
Seems to indicate a possible issue with the latest version.
Not the end of the world though.

Sorry guys. We will look at this and get it fixed right away

All good Alex, thanks.
The drops don’t last for long so you still have a good idea of what the heart rate is.

Yeah still sucks. We just have not seen this. We might need someone to work with us in debugging if we can’t reproduce it but first I will get the guys to try and I will try.

No worries, just shout up.
Have worked with yourself and Grigory on the ANT+ stuff already.

Ok, yes this seems like it is a new bug. We see it now. We will have this fixed ASAP.

2 Likes

I thought I was going crazy. Top was from Android connected via ant+, bottom is from iPhone connected via BT. Same workout done on 2 different days…

1 Like

We have a new build coming today or tomorrow (we are testing now) that has fixed this and a bunch of other stuff and small fixes.

1 Like

Apple rejected it because we have “25000 free workouts” they don’t like the word “free,” in our app store screenshot… :slight_smile: It’s been there for 2 years and they have a problem now. Fix should be here tomorrow.

Off course, ‘Apple’ and ‘free’ are two words that never come in the same sentence ;-).

1 Like

Oops. This thread is talking about Ant+ which is Android anyway. This should be fixed now. :slight_smile:

1 Like