App content sizing on phone split screen

Hello
As you can see on the attached screenshot, when I’ve used split screen feature font was not really resized and It affects readability.

Hi, we never designed split screen to be used on phones. We never even imagined anyone would try this :slight_smile: It’s interesting for sure.

We did the bare minimum to get it working on tablets. We are obviously very low cost and also not big like the leaders in the field but growing quickly. I say this because I want to be 100% transparent that we can add this to our list but since this is the first request for this it is less likely to get prioritized very soon.

Sorry I don’t have a better answer but being on small budgets we have to be careful what we work on and when. We have to focus on critical stuff first.

1 Like

As I’m one of the few people who does not want and need to involve whole social part of working out I use bare phone as controller. Space limitation prevents me from using PC on stand (and it will cripple air flow of a vent :smiley: ) in front but sometims it’s nice to watch something.

Anyway I’m not into mobile or frontend development but shouldnt it be just scaling issue? Because it looks like font size is not changing at all. Just chart is moving to the side, and table with tiles resize.

I’ve seen similar problem on some tablet but it was not about split screen directly but general ourcome looked the same. Font was not resized correctly.

We don’t scale fonts or use any auto-scaling so that has the potential to introduce new issues and when we have 50± different device sizes, the complications that can come up are surprising. I bet if I asked my developer he would say 3-hours to fix it and then he would spend 2-days fixing the unexpected side effects. It frequently happens I ask for something that seems small and it gets big fast. I am a developer too but not doing this work.

Any, I love happy customers more than anything else so it is really hard for me to say this is going to have to wait but anything I see that is for one person that has potential side effects I have to be careful about and prioritize correctly. It’s never 1 person but one voice and a small number of silent people. I hope you understand. I guess tablet would be better but then you need a tablet bike mount…