App crashes when trying to save workout (Apple Watch?)

Just finished a ride as part of a plan and when pressing save on the workout finished pop up, the app crashes. When I opened it back up, it then added 5 minutes to my workout that aren’t supposed to be there. The planned workout was 58 minutes. I completed the 58 minutes and now is saying I have 5 extra minutes in my workout. When trying to save again even with 5 minutes left, the app crashes. I tried restarting my phone multiple times and tried restarting the app multiple times but still the same issue with crashing when trying to save.

Phone details:
iPhone 13 Pro
iOS 17.4.1

Devices:
Tacx neo 2t trainer
Apple Watch
Wahoo heart rate monitor

1 Like

The only thing we can think is some how it is related to the apple watch. Also one interesting thing is I have not heard of anyone using Apple watch and extra HRM… I can’t imagine why that would make a difference but still interesting. Can you try saving with your watch off or out of range? Very rarely we have had people have the app crash on saving but as far as I know is it is something that just happens once to a user randomly, I have not heard of it in at least 4-6 months if my memory is accurate. Uninstalling the app might help but then you lose this ride.

I use an Apple Watch and separate HRM with TrainerDay and have experienced this problem. For me, it is always associated with the apple watch TD app having stopped running on my Watch. If I re-launch the watch app, I can then save the workout.

I once tried to uninstall the Apple Watch app and TD wouldn’t save a workout without crashing. The moment I reinstalled the Watch app and made sure it was running, things went back to normal.

By the way, I don’t believe this is affected by the separate HRM at all.

Oh thanks for your insight. We will see if we can duplicate this problem.

Happy to help with testing!

I am facing the same issue on my iPhone 13. Not able to save my workout today. It says, save workout. But, when I click save, the app crashes. Again when I open, 5 seconds from the completed workout is shaved off and the interval gets extended by 5 minutes. Tried restarting the app multiple times. Not able to save the completed workout.

Once I connect my apple watch, I am able to save the workout.

Any solution to this issue?

Sorry we have not been able to address this issue yet. I guess if you uninstall our app (remove it from Apple health or remove permissions if there are some) and never connect our app to Apple watch you wont have this issue. We will try to fix this issue soon though.