App Crashing occassionally

I am a relatively new Trainerday user and am occassionally having issues with TD crashing during a workout. It has occurred on my ipad and my iphone 11. I am able to quickly resume the workout but a bit annoying to have to restart TD. Any ideas on how to eliminate the issue?
IOS 17.3.1
Thanks
Greg

Connected to a Bowflex c6 bike and polar heart rate band

Hi Greg, this is the first we have heard of this. We will review the logs and see if we can identify what the issue is. I will let you know if we can identify anything. What training devices are you connecting to it?

Thanks for looking into this. It did not start occurring until the last couple of rides but as stated earlier, haven’t been using TD for very long. Connected to bowflex c6 bike and polar heart rate band.

So we can see something related to memory access error, like possibly your device is running out of memory… Not sure, just a total guess. My developer says he does not see any reports in Apple only in our error reporting too. If it asks you to send a report to apple say yes and then we might get more info / insights. The main difference between you and most users is your trainer, so that is always suspect to me… Meaning there might be an error coming from that that we are not handling correctly.

Thanks for looking. The iPad or iPhone have never really crashed and no messages about sharing data with Apple but on occasion I have had trouble getting TD to show the C6 data following one of these events & found that my Apple Watch “stole” the connection to the c6. Would your app crash as a result of something like this? Not sure why the phone or iPad would give up the connection……As a precaution I have stopped wearing my watch during rides and removed the app from the watch and “forgot “ the connection to the bike.

Oh interesting, it should not be possible to steal the connection unless our app some how temporarily loses it, which would align with you losing data temporarily so the two might be connected. Hard to imagine why the watch stealing the connection would cause it to crash, but it’s good info. If you fixed the issue by removing the watch from the equation that’s great. Let me know if you get confirmation of this or anything else.

Update. I have completed a number of rides with no issues using the iPad for TD while NOT wearing my Apple Watch. Today I intentionally performed a ride with my Apple Watch. TD crashed as before but was able to quickly resume my ride with TD. The Apple Watch did not steal the bike Bluetooth connection but I did notice that the TD app was installed on my watch again. ( I intentionally removed TD from my watch previously and somehow it reinstalled itself). I’ll try my next ride with the Apple Watch but first ensuring TD is not installed on my watch.

Update. I successfully completed a ride with my apple watch but TD was uninstalled from my phone and thus my watch. I had no issues. I used TD on my ipad only.

1 Like