Apple Watch heart rate no showing up in app

I have same issue with Apple Watch (series 7) running all latest software. But shows 0 when hrm is paired.

Ok we will test and see if we can figure it out.

Yeah, looks like I’m having the exact same problem. All device are up to date. Bluetooth connection says apple watch connected but BPM on TD says 0. Apple watch screen writes “you should start workout in the main application.”

Sorry so slow, it’s strange as it works fine on all our watches but it randomly does not for some people. Setting health app permissions for our app is the only thing that seems to help some people.

Hi Alex - I just want to let you know: I have a new phone and everything is working fine now. I think it was a problem with the bluetooth function of the old phone.

Great to hear, thanks so much for the update.

Alex.
Sorry to add to this thread, but I also have a problem with my Apple Watch 8 not providing heart rate info to Trainerday. My watch is at 10.4(211216) model A2771, while my iPhone 15 is at 17.4.1. The watch app shows the app info from the phone, but heart rate is zero. The app on the phone, running the workout, also shows 0 heart rate, but shows the watch as connected in the devices lists.

Thanks.
Peter.
(On the bright side, I haven’t seen that weird molasses time problem lately… :-))

It would seem as though some how HR is turned off or disabled on your watch. We are not doing anything except trying to read it. Maybe restart your watch?

Alex.
I’ll give that a whirl, but the heartrate app on the watch is quite happy to provide the HR info on that screen all the while TD is blanking. This workout I didn’t bother starting that app up, and the result is the same. TD is blank.

-Peter.

I had this issue on my wife’s Apple watch. I went into the Healt settings and noticed that the permissions for Trainer Day were not enabled. This was odd considering I had enabled them all when setting it up. Check those (Sharing > Apps and Services > Trainer Day) and make sure the “Allow to Read” options that are on include Heart Rate.

1 Like

Thank you!! I just found that same setting in the Health app this morning and flipped the switch to allow TD to read the heart rate info, and other info. Works as advertised! I now have a pulse!!

Alex, sorry for crying wolf. But, having said that, maybe the app can confirm such settings in the future? Maybe a “We’ve detected an Apple Watch connected, would you like to enable the HR settings?” popup, or some such.

Thanks
Peter

1 Like

Good idea Peter. This is actually our big focus is trying to save people time and frustration.