CABLE Ant+ to Bluetooth Bridge

Good question.

Not sure … I just assumed it was interference from other “stuff” in the house.

I am no technical expert :clown_face:

Do you use bluetooth headphones? Normally you should not get house interference but it is possible. I would say if you have interference with bluetooth from other device then it could equally affect a CABLE device since it’s essentially the same “bluetooth.”

I think the chance is small you would get interference from non-bluetooth stuff in your house but it still can be. I would think the chance of you getting interference from other BLE devices connected to your phone are more likely the chance of the problem but this is a big guess.

If you have no other ble devices connected to your phone, you could login to your wifi router, you could force a channel change (specific channel rather than auto channel). This is simple task that will not do anything except make all your other devices reconnect in about 2-seconds.

Thanks Alex really helpful comments :+1:.

No headphones and just my 3 cycling devices connected to the phone which is screen mirroring to a M1 MacBook Air.

Will try your router suggestion and see how things go.

Thanks once again for sparing your valuable time to share your thoughts & ideas.

Much appreciated.

1 Like

Any chance the screen mirroring is causing issues?
Does it happen when you’re not using screen mirroring?

you say your Laptop is the M1 Mac… If not mistaken TD can be run on the M1.
YOu could try that.

Also, does it only happen w/ the TD app? Did you try w/ some other app like the Garmin/Tacx’s branded App?

finally… is your microwave turned off? :stuck_out_tongue: (yes… it’s a thing)

You can also try turning of your router, at least just for the 1 hr during your workout.

just some suggestions

1 Like

Thanks app4g for your thoughtful & helpful message.

I have tried some of your ideas but not all so I will have a little play over the weekend.

From the “playing” I have been doing so far it looks like my Assioma Duo (which have been fantastic and are now quite a few years old) for some reason do not send a constant BLE signal although the Ant+ is great. I say this because it is the only signal which drops out (TD & other apps) as HR & trainer are both perfect.

So it looks like I will end up buying the CABLE bridge to solve my quest for clean data.

Mant thanks once again.

Are you connecting both right and left to our app? Our app only supports a single power meter (it won’t merge left right but will allow trainer obviously). I have a assioma single but I don’t know if Favero allows you to combine both signals to a single channel? If you are connecting both maybe try one only. I should say I have no BLE connectivity issues with my single.

Yes they do. In fact that’s the default option.

My Assioma Duo (which has now become the UNO as the right side battery went from draining v fast to now dead) previously was broadcasting as a combined channel (so only pair as one item)

I have had no issue w/ mine either as a DUO or a UNO

I did have loads of issues w/ my Team Zwatt left crank unit tho…

That looks like a fairly expensive piece of sensor. Try out the other suggestions first and see how it goes.

Oh and… where do you place your phone? Prev when I had issues w/ my Team Zwatt, I ended up placing my phone on the floor or a stool that’s just beside my pedals. As Close As Possible.

And I found out turning off my router improved the signals as well.

1 Like

Thank you both for your thoughts and comments which are very informative and gives me something to play with over the next few days.

Many thanks your help is very much appreciated :pray:.

1 Like

Assioma duo has a setting ‘Unified L/R channel’ to send both over 1 BLE connection, and it is by default active.

After much playing/testing and ruling things out everything pointed to my Assioma BLE signal not being as stable as their Ant+ signal.

So I was happy to order a CABLE device and success … all sorted and thank you all for your helpful comments & suggestions :+1::+1:.

Just for future reference if anyone else is thinking of getting CABLE. Unless I am doing things wrong (which is always a possibility) TD appears to be like TR in that it will only accept one device to be connected via CABLE and not two as suggested by your tester ( ie could not connect pedals & HR or trainer & HR).

Great news. I can test cable too, but I am pretty sure this should work, especially since he said it would. He is very good tester :slight_smile: Maybe send screenshots of your CABLE configuration.

Thank you … and Its probably me!!!

Attached are my screenshots.

You have to do FTMS out not CPS / HRS

Genius Alex :+1: … obviously not me :clown_face:.

Can’t thank you enough for all of your help, time and dedication on this and so many other topics I have contacted you on.

So impressed with TD.

1 Like