Cadence is Missing from Workouts?

Hello,

I’m a new user and i have a question that I’ve not really been able to find an answer to despite searching.

I have created a workout plan with coach Jack, but none of the workouts have any cadence targets set for the segments.

Every other workout plan I’ve done on Suff or FG have cadence as well as power targets, so I assume I must be missing something somewhere?

Any advice woudl be appreciated

Dave

Sorry maybe this is relevent, i’m importing the workouts in to Fulgaz and riding a Wattbike Atom

Hi Dave this product is still in beta and and more stuff we want to add before we consider it out of beta. More skills related work would be part of that. The only workouts that have cadence targets is SFR in the Italian plan and they dynamic force in a peak plan (or custom). These workouts cadence is critical for the objective of strength/endurance.

Generally we don’t feel putting an enphasis on cadence is so critical because debatably most riders do their best at their “natural cadence” but cadence drills are more like the icing on the cake and we do want to add more of them.

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll go have a look at those

1 Like

Does Fulgaz support ZWO import or are you using TrainingPeaks? Because ERG and MRC files do not support cadncence.

Hi Alex,
Any news about the option to add cadence to plan/workout? I import zwo files from TD to Fulgaz via TP (free version) and I really miss the cadence. I’m one of those riders who needs someone to tell him how many watts and how many rpm he needs to output :upside_down_face:

No updates sorry. Really RPM targets should be like a once a week skill practice session. So even if we do add them it would only be a specific skill practice day. We are strong believers in just do what ever RPM you want and RPM drills will likely cause likely cause very small differences over a long period of time.

1 Like

OK, no problem. I’ll have to get used to ride without a cadence. I just don’t like to see the ‘RPM’ field with the words ‘No Target’(FulGaz) but I like to follow specific cadence directions as well. But that’s just my problem :slight_smile:

Funny, yes I get obsessed with little messages like this driving me crazy too, so I can completely relate.

1 Like

I have a somewhat related question. Yesterday I selected APOLLO-11 from the TODAY recommendations. It has text prompts throughout, including cadence prompts. I assume this workout was created before it was possible to program cadence targets. Is it possible to add those cadence targets to the work out retrospectively? When there are cadence targets, I love the visual in/out range in the app. It keeps me honest and helps me feel confident that I didn’t miss one of the drop down promts.

Thanks, Mark

Hard to say. Those are user created workouts they may have imported or created without targets. I am not positive if we import cadence targets from zwo files for example and no other formats support cadence targets.

1 Like

Sorry, just revisiting this as Fulgaz were recommending creating workouts on ZWO factory and it reminded me about this thread.

I just created one in ZWO factory with cadence targets in which works fine when uploaded.

Cool, yes you can create cadence targets in our editor as well. I am sure our editor is faster but at the end of the day obviously do what you like.

Brand new to TD. I am a Tri Coach and write my workouts in TrainingPeaks with the Builder Function. I typically use the notes section to let people know when we are doing high or low cadence drills. When I tried your system for the first time on my phone yesterday, I didn’t see any of the notes pop up. Is there a setting to get them to show up? Or is that in the works?

Hi, no we don’t support intervals comments or any notes coming from TP into TrainerDay app. I am not sure which you mean, the notes that popup during the workout or the notes related to the workout. Anyway, you might be able to download ZWO file and load it into TrainerDay and use them but if you are managing all your athletes schedules in TP that is not really a good solution. No one has requested this before so it’s probably not something that will get done quickly unless you happen to have a 100 students jumping into TrainerDay :slight_smile: We can make this a new feature request and see if others want it as well.

I think this is fixed now but it seems to be device (screen resolution) specific, so let me know if you still have problems.