Can I send HR workouts TrainingPeaks/Garmin?

Is it possible to send workouts created based on heart rate instead of power to TP? The workout designer is all about power, but I would like to have heart rate zones.

You can do it now, but it uses our converter to convert power to HR rather than creating HR based workouts directly. We would like to be able to create HR workouts directly but we don’t have this yet.

Hi Alex, I am a bit lost here. I don’t have a power meter. I sent my plan to the Garmin after converting it to HR. The first workout didn’t work as planned (only power) so I am now realising I need to send to intervals or training peaks beforehand to convert to HR? I have tried both of these but cannot work out what to do. I can’t find the plan on training peaks and in intervals its there but no idea how to convert or send to Garmin. Sorry if this question isn’t really about trainer day. Any help would be great. The workout also didn’t automatically go through the interval steps either but maybe that is because of the power issue too.

Hi Denny, let me verify there are no new bugs since we just changed this functionality.

You should be able to convert workouts to HR in our calendar and they should sync to Garmin as HR workouts. It’s sounds like this is what you tried.

Ok I just tried it. It worked correctly for me

See here is what the workout looks like in Garmin

Just need to make sure you are not sending the plan to garmin but syncing the calendar to Garmin. See below our connections page.

Hi, thanks,
That seems to have solved the issue although the workouts in Garmin don’t look like yours or they do if you make them yourself. Seems to be ok in the head unit though. Thanks again.

Yes, I have a “secret” method of viewing workouts on GC to see the individual steps. Normally you must do this on your device. Glad it is working.

1 Like