CJ longer VO2max intervals

Hello Alex,

I really like to use TrainerDay, I have created and downloaded some CoachJack training plans and enjoyed using them. With the synchronization functions to TrainingPeaks and Intervals.cu it has become even better! Perfect for me :slight_smile:
I’ve been doing a lot of Zone2 the last 9 months, and my aerobic endurance has improved extremely. Right now I’m doing a peak block with a little more intensity to get ready for a few alpine passes in early September.

I would like to switch to polarized training after that. I find the suggested VO2max sessions from CJ to be too short in terms of interval length, and too intense. I would like to do longer VO2max/Threshold intervals on the intense days. So for example beginning with 4x4min @105% or max 110%, then slowly increase the interval length to 4x8min or similar.

Is there such an option in CJ?

Best regards
Tom

Thanks so much. Your training sounds perfect and your VO2max plan sounds very good as well. We have these custom progressions, you may have seen, but we don’t have one like that. We could add that as a new progression but not sure how quickly you need it. I guess hand building this workout sequence would not take much time, create, clone, use our sets and reps, tweak and repeat. My guess is a sequence of 10 could be done in 30 minutes.

In CJ we would start at lower level maybe 4X2 and build up but you could just increase intensity slider to get to 4x4 as your starting point.

That would be great to add another progression, and as I wrote, I don‘t need it right now, somewhen in fall / winter (in Europe) would be sufficient.
Otherwise I will add custom workouts to the calendar, if it‘s not implemented then.
I have to say, though, that it really would be easier with CJ (and that’s why I like this feature so much!). Adjust workout length, intensity or something like that, and with two clicks it’s synced with the calendar :slight_smile:

I understand completely. I like this sequence so I will try to get it done.

Ok, I forgot it is not so easy building a sequence like this :slight_smile: I am doing it in code in simple string format which is way faster than our workout editor, not to mention I am pretty good at doing these sequences. I also had Coach Andrea review and did a few revisions until he accepted it :slight_smile: and spent like 2 hours. But the good news is this is done. It will be available in the next few weeks.

The sequence starts “easy” but goes to extremely hard as the intervals get longer the % of FTP actually goes down. It goes all the way to 4X8 but Andrea says he has never prescribed a workout this hard to any of his athletes. But I always push it so if someone cranks it to start with intensity 10 and does 16 weeks they can end at a place that is barely or not survivable for most. Really by definition you should not be able to do 1 interval > 6 minutes @ VO2max but since none of this stuff is perfectly accurate it is possible for some crazy guys to do this sequence to the end.

You should be happy with this. Below you can see what it looks like.

Each line represents the workout main intervals.

1 Like

Wow, looks perfect :slight_smile:
Nice that Coach Andrea reviewed it.

1 Like

Yes, I would say Andrea reviewed and fixed my “bugs” or improved it at the minimum :slight_smile: