CJ: plans too easy?

Totally agree, I sometimes forget that my experience is based on that one and only guy I’m coaching, being myself. :wink:
One of the nicest things I’ve learned this season, thanks to TrainerDay, is that I get a lot more return from SFR workouts then I ever thought possible.
And I embrace the fact that 20-min tests are considered way less important then most sites try to tell you. The recovery you need after such a test messes with the consistency of a good training plan. I’ve said it before, my only intrest in having an acceptable FTP is to judge the load of my workouts. All LIT is done with Aet as a reference and the HIT is done with data from the PDC and former similar workouts.
Imagine the look on some guys faces when they ask me what my FTP is and I answer them that I only have a very rough estimate :open_mouth:. Most of the guys I’m riding with don’t have a Power Meter because they still consider it to costly. They are also way less tech minded compared to my sometimes obsessive hunger for workout data…

2 Likes

SFR is incredible, so happy you are seeing this too. Thank you for this response, you and are are getting more aligned all the time. :slight_smile: Plenty of fast guys without a power meter.

One thing a power meter is amazing for is helping you improve your FTP. That’s because without a power meter you don’t know what your FTP is :slight_smile:

Also as many people come to realize (I am sure you do Claude), you can train to have the highest FTP but this is not the same training should do to become the best cyclist. The only event exception might be a flat 40km TT. An increased FTP should (or might be) be a byproduct, but not the goal.

1 Like