Coach Jack and long rides indoors

It might not be a bad idea to be able to implement a coasting mode. It is implemented in Zwift - if the speed is more than 50km - you can not pedal, but at the same time the training does not stop - at this time you could get up and give a rest to your ass and stretch your legs.
The second option (I don’t know how to implement, but it would be good) is to work in a standing position at a low cadence, thus giving rest to the ass, back and mentally change the workuot routine.

I understand what you’re saying. You can achieve the same effect if you disable ERG mode. This is how I solve this when I want to take a break. So I can do what I want.

You can do this at most rest periods, but I suggest you do this between sets.

There are no clear sets in the longer training sessions, so I suggest you do this every half hour.
You can also use the change in Watts as a signal to change position.

A final tip is to check your position whenever you eat or drink on the bike. So every time I take a sip, I check my whole body.
Are my legs relaxed?
Is my back straight?
are my shoulders relaxed?
Are my hands loose on the bars?
Is my face relaxed?

Make the corrections you need and peddle on. Of course, this works only when you have a drinking strategy. Mine is every 20 minutes.

Try it and you will see this makes a difference. We all have pitfalls when we are on the bike… Mine is “hanging” into my shoulders. If you use this method, you will learn to listen to your body on the bike, correct and train your position on the bike, and relax at the same time.

Riding indoors is a great way to learn this as you can record yourself easily.

1 Like

Thank you very much, Robert, for your response to my post. It helps to learn and understand better the algorithms and actions of the app and workout programs. Thank you for your advice!!! I too drink water every 20 minutes for 3 sips if it’s acceptable relative to the load I’m doing at the moment - my Wahoo bike computer reminds me of this - I programmed it that way. I try to drink after the end of a power block and after the HR has decreased, as drinking water increases the HR and not many people know about it, but drinking water immediately after the end of a power block can be harmful to your health, as the HR increases with a delayed response to the load. I successfully completed my first 2-hour long workout from Coach Jack without getting off the biketrainer and it was the first time in my practice of training on the biketrainer and it was quite easy and tolerable. However, I thought about changing the saddle to a TT saddle, which has a solid slit that eliminates the pressure on the crotch area - but this is not a cheap upgrade, but I think that someday I will be able to make myself such a gift.))))) Well, tomorrow I have a second long workout for 2 hours and 45 minutes - let’s see how my body reacts to it.

1 Like