Ok, I tried to create an HR interval workout and use it…
Didn’t really work as you explain in the video (and I saw video just now, after testing).
Work out had a worm up, then it was switching to HR mode for 148 BPM followed by 134 BPM for several intervals.
What happened was this:
- Workout switched from ERG to HR mode
- The HR target was 128, ignoring what was set in the workout editor
- Stayed in HR mode until the end, ignoring switching to ERG mode for cooldown
- FTP % specified in the editor was NOT ignored, but set as specified for each interval
The target power drop was too slow and small to make any noticeable impact on HR most of the time. The change in power should really depend on several factors, for example:
- How far actual HR is from target - farther it is, larger change required
- did previous interval end with HR on target? If not, it should continue adjusting from an appropriate level, not reverting to configured power
I am planning to try a bit different setup and see if lower power values help.