Connecting to assault airbike elite

I also use an assault air bike indoor. The trainerday app doesn’t detect the assault airbike elite console. Is there a workaround?

I need to research this. Does it output power via bluetooth with other apps? I want to support more of these exercise “bikes.” I have one and like it even though it is totally different than a performance cycling. And yours I guess has an arm workout.

That’s a cool looking bike… One thing that should definitly work is buying an NPE Cable (if you have iOS device to configure it) and it will translate Ant+ to BLE. But I will try to research their bluetooth, if it does not work in our app, one try un-pairing it from your phone and try connecting again. You could reinstall our app. But my guess is it is non-standard cycling power and I don’t see FTMS written any where.

It connects to assault fitness app via Bluetooth and also to Wahoo app. But both these apps are not good for training. It connects to hr monitor vua ant but it does to only certain chest straps

It connects to apps via Bluetooth and not by ant. Ant connection is for chest strap. So I tried a lot of ways as you said but it didn’t work. The assault airbike elite console isn’t great so to speak of.

so it connects to the Wahoo app you say… how about downloading the “NRF connect” app and sending screenshots of what protocols the bike supports?

And we can help narrow down what’s needed to support it?

Those are the screen shots of assault airbike elite connected to nrf.

Ah… Yes… this is the Wahoo’s Special Extension to the Bluetooth FEC / Bluetooth FTMS WAY WAY before the Bluetooth FTMS spec was agreed upon.

Too bad you’re on Android(currently learning Android to see if I can port my app over), If on iOS, My application SHOULD work on this bike.

@Alex FYI, this is an extension to the Cycling Power Service, Wahoo added another characteristic/service to it and made it writeable such that trainer controls/commands can be sent & accepted. It took some effort to get this supported as I didn’t have all these diff types of Trainers.

I will do for iPhone as well

1 Like

eh… hang on… do you see
A026E005-0A7D-4AB3-97FA-F1500F9FEB8B?

Cos this is the Wahoo Extension. . I see only E01 and E03 and E07

That’s assault connected to iphone nrf

Interestingly… I don’t see the E005 (A026E005-0A7D-4AB3-97FA-F1500F9FEB8B?) as part of your long list of details.

Oh well, you can give the app a try and see if it works.

That app doesn’t work with assault

1 Like

Kamal, my developer has found information on how this bike works with BLE. If you want to work directly with him (and me) he thinks he can add the Assult fairly easily. Contact me either PM here or support@trainerday.com

I am greatful for all the support you team is providing. Your attitude on the forum and the ease of using your apk were the reason I bought. Would be glad to keep continuing with you. Thank you.

1 Like