Discord Server?

I’m a new user so I don’t know if I have the most pull, but while the forums are tremendous for discussing and getting help with the platform, it appears that there are a lot of engaged, smart cyclists here who are dedicated to getting the most out of their training. Have you considered a companion Discord server for TD users to connect and discuss cycling and training as a broader community? Discord seems a bit more conducive to real time engagement and discussion. Would love to connect with others here and discuss training plans, success, advice, etc. I’m sure you need another community to manager like a hole in the head, Alex. But I thought I would put it out there to see what you (or others) thought. Could be a cool way to built the TD community that I’m already loving.

I am a sim racer so I use discord a lot. I created a discord server and put it on the contact page and pushed it a bit, but no one showed up. That was about 2 years ago and the funny thing is I just deleted it 2-days ago. We are a lot bigger now than 2-years ago but still.

I did recently create a reddit channel as well but really for me this is the best place. If other people get around this idea I am fine re-creating a discord server.

This forum actually works surprisingly well for real-time as well but I know what you mean some how discord/telegram/IM feels better for real time. Maybe the dedicated app helps. Not sure why it’s different.

It’s actually good for occasional visitors to find all the info in one place, that’s probably the biggest benefit of keeping it here.

1 Like

Great info. Thanks Alex. Perhaps I need to just try using the forum like I would I would a Discord server and see how it goes. Thanks!

Yeah if two people are on, you can even see the other person typing at the bottom. But in general, I am the most active user here and yet I don’t get in a lot of back and forth IM like messaging sessions with people. It’ happens but maybe once or twice a week. I think browser tabs people tend to close and forget about where an app you leave it open and see a notification. I also don’t like notifications in general but discord has the best system for server notifications.

1 Like