Do you support the ThinkRider x7 smart trainer? (YES/CLOSED)

Hello!

I’m a new user of the TrainerDay. Where I can find a list of supported smart trainers?

I didn’t tried to ride in the app yet, but I have a ThinkRider x7 smart trainer and as I see in the iOS app it recognises trainer as a power meter, not smart trainer:(

Does it mean that my trainer is not supported by the app?

Your ThinkRider is broacasting as Bluetooth Over FEC, which is not supported.

Thank you for your answer. Bad news for me:(

Actually if it is FEC over BLE, it should work (many Tacx devices have this and it works in our app). Do you have an Android device? I saw your email and I will respond to that.

No, I have only iOS device. Zwift is working fine with this trainer.

Hi, where did you find this info? I see FEC is supported but not saying it is over BLE, I believe they are saying FEC over Ant+

I have a similar trainer.
Its FEC but broadcasted over Bluetooth.

Strange it should work in our app. We will test it with the user. I sent thinkrider an email as well. Thanks for letting me know so quickly.

1 Like

I have a similar trainer, @Alex were you able to verify with the user?

My developer is sick, we have information from Takeda so my developer should confirm early next week if he sees FEC protocol. If he does we can fix this. I sent ThinkRider an email but they did not respond.

@app4g might be faster to answer then him :slight_smile: Here are the screenshots.

Ok we have confirmed that ThinkRider supports FEC so this is just a bug in our app that we will fix.

1 Like

Ok we figured out this does work as expected other than it shows smart trainer as power meter which is a problem with some smart trainers that don’t broadcast the features they support until you connect to them.