Does Apple Watch save to Apple Health? What stats are saved?

Is this feature available now ? I did a workout today but it didn’t post back to Apple health.

Sorry so slow. No, we don’t have connection to Apple health although if you search this forum there are other ways to make that happen. Also with Apple watch it works.

Hi Alex

Sorry I was not very clear. I have Apple Watch and the app is enabled. My question was if I do a workout on the trainer day app, does it save the details to Apple health - namely workout, calories burnt, HR and time.

I use Apple health/workout app to track all my exercises hence wondering.

I have seen some responses that it does but just wanted a confirmation from you.

Thanks

Sadly, I lost my apple watch so I am not sure what is tracked (I know it is because other users said the workout is saved), I would buy a new one but since I don’t wear it anyway I have not, waiting to get bigger. We actually don’t do anything, the Apple watch saves the activity though. It should be fairly easy for you to test.

I think @Alex means that you have to dual record. Many of us do that. Let TrainerDay control your workout and side-record with another device that saves your activity as usual.
Or you use Strava as the middleman and connect both to Strava.

If you have connected your Apple Watch to the app, the data is saved to the Apple Health app (you can see your workout in the Apple Fitness app). You can see in the screenshot what data is saved

1 Like

Thank you all for the responses. Will test it out.

Loovery - that’s an awesome average HR for a 90 min workout.

@Alex, while I’m not an expert in this field, but it looks like dozens of apps are connected to Apple health and this doesn’t look like smth too complicated, does it?

As we discussed earlier, there’s bunch of apps that rely on Apple health data for analytics, like Athlytic etc. They are pretty good, actually. In other words, it makes sense to make direct export to AH IMO.

Maybe I’m not well versed in all things apple health, to support Apple Health, I found quite a few quirks in the way Apple Handles the data being Stored into Apple Health in the name of privacy. (eg: You can’t read anything from APple Health when the phone is locked w/ passcode so that makes getting data from it in the background tricky)

It’s tougher when you don’t have an Apple Watch to verify stuffs as well. :joy:

1 Like