Does TrainerDay send completed activities to Wahoo?

Does Td synchronise with Wahoo or doesn’t have permissions like Garmin?

From my memory Wahoo allows this completed activity synchronization but no one has ever requested it and I am not sure why someone would want it. Wahoo seems to have the least functionality for completed activities. We can turn your message into a feature request but I would love to hear why you would want this. Wahoo does not have a way to submit planned workouts to it directly other than through TrainingPeaks and possibly similar platforms.

Funny just as I wrote this a user sent me an email that he sees his TrainerDay activity in Wahoo, and he has TrainingPeaks connected so it must work that way :slight_smile:

I was just curious because I’m thinking of switching from Garmin to wahoo and so I wanted to know if the activities done through the TD app sync with wahoo or don’t do it like Garmin😞

I made this switch. I had 530 and went to Roam and very happy with it. Maybe if I had 1030 or something I would not be as excited, never tried the better Garmins.

If you like to do structured intervals outdoor, on the Wahoo you need TrainingPeaks but with TrainerDay the free version can be reasonable. I think Wahoo is less concerned about the people doing training outdoors and more focused on the traveller. I just prefer how the Wahoo works, the user experience.

Thanks perfect info. I’m not interested in outdoor workouts but only indoor workouts. The question is if I do a workout using the app when I save it loads on the wahoo profile or not?

Ok yes, I have not tested this, but according to another user that if you connect TrainerDay to TrainingPeaks and to Wahoo then yes. I will see if I can test this as well. I think you will find with Wahoo this is less important as they don’t have a big product like Garmin Connect. But yes if you just want to see the workouts in the app it makes sense.

Sorry Alex since you have already made the Garmin/Wahoo pass… Does the wahoo element app tell you statistics like garmin connect?

No, it is not as powerful at all as Garmin Connect at all. I don’t even look at any of the Wahoo based information because I never found it useful, showing my number of steps or a map :slight_smile: But, I would guess youtube could answer that question better than me since I don’t use it much. I just opened it now and I would call Strava advanced compared to Wahoo. You should be able to install the app and figure out how to load some workouts, even your TrainerDay ones. So I would say you need to use Intervals, Strava or TrainingPeaks or something with regards to performance cycling if you own a Wahoo device.

Garmin and Wahoo both suffer from really doing a great job of these software products for performance athletes, but Garmin is much older and much, much more mature.

Ok. Than you😀

2 Likes