Erg Mode Inaccurate

Hi I am trying to use TrainerDay as my indoor training setup.
I own a ZwiftHub and wanted to complete my first workout.
Unfortunately the power when using ergmode is all over the place and never matches the target.
If I try to put out more Watts, then the resistance seems to decrease and I am just spinning.

Here is a Screenshot of the problem.
I have played around with the power smoothing, but this did not work as well.

What am I doing wrong?

The dualsided powermeter option did not seem to work.

I have got it resolved by switching to Ant+ instead of using Bluetooth. Now everything works as expected.

1 Like

Changing cadence is the number on breaker of ERG mode, you can’t chase the power number, you have to let it come to you

But that doesn’t sound like your issue, do you have another app running that might be connecting to the trainer, I loaded up the Tacx app (to help somebody sort a problem) and couldn’t work out what was going wrong in the TD app, until I realized it was running and closed it down, then all returned to normal

Great Ant+ works, if you get a chance to test BLE more let me know. If it continues to not work, we would love to work with you to test/fix it as I am sure ZwiftHub will become a very popular trainer.

BLE has no direct support for double sided Power meters!
Most double sided power meters can be set to send ‘Unified L’ over 1 channel, and usually that setting only is active for BLE. It does not influence the communication over ANT+.
If the Zwifthub (or your on bike power meter) has no option in its settings to do that, pair only one side and set the TrainerDay app to double single sided power meter. That should work.
I’ll have a look around if the Zwifthub can be set to Unified Power over 1 channel.
ANT+ is no problem because it has full support for double sided, 2 power channels.
As an example, my Favero duo pedals have that setting in the phone app:

you’ve got an iPhone? or is that just a pic from internet?

I have not found any setting in the Zwift companion app, that lets me change the power behavior of the Hub.

I can give the BLE setting another go. The power reading seemed somewhat correct, but every other second it would drop down significantly, as can be seen in my screenshot.

Pic Is from the internet.

1 Like

What exactly is your setup? ZwiftHub (JetBlack) has no Power Meter, it simply returns a power value derived from a speed algorithm. So it can not have R/L data.

You have the ZwiftHub, but do you also have a Power Meter on the bike?
I would test things step by step. Just pair the ZwiftHub and it should be available as a controllable. Do a test ride and check if power is controlled in ERG mode. And a test with slope/resistance mode.
If that works, pair your Power Meter if you have one. If you have another recording device, check the power from the power meter to see how well it aligns with the power from the ZwiftHub displayed in the app. If both align reasonably well, there’s nothing more to do.
If there is a significant difference between the two Power values, enable PowerMatch in the TrainerDay app and then test again. The power displayed in the app will be the Power from the Power Meter. Check if it now aligns better with the set value in the workout.
The Double Single Side Power setting in the TrainerDay app is only there to allow doubling the value sent by one side of a dual sided Power Meter. And that is only for Dual side Power Meters that don’t have an integrated solution to add the power from both sides into one channel. Those will usually show up as 2 separate Power Meters, one for L and one for R. You just pair one channel and then use the setting in the app to double the value.

1 Like

I had a similar issue with zwiftHub using ble. Once I changed gears somewhere in the middle. Another time i needed to restart the app. The issue then never occured again.