ERG Mode not engaging after SLOPE Mode

I did Goombah 75 this morning, and after ERG warmup, I switched to SLOPE to perform the Z2 workout by HR. For the Cooldown, I switched back to ERG, but the trainer continued to act as if it were in SLOPE mode. I stopped and restarted a few times to no avail. This is a ZWIFT Hub trainer, and works great in every other respect.
See image of the end of the workout below:

1 Like

Thank you for reporting this one. When I’ve tried to reproduce this bug it was working correctly in in the vast majority of tries but indeed not in all of them. Is it this issue occurring for all slope -> erg changes, or it’s more random?

Best regards,
Marek from TrainerDay

I have not used it often, but seem to remember that in the past it worked for me (which is why I tried stopping and restarting). Net is that I agree that the issue may be inconsistent.

I had same issue today when switching to slope for sprint efforts then back to ERG for z2. I could only get it to re-engage by stopping completely then switching to ERG and increasing and decreasing the effort %

I was following Hit a#6 workout using Android app and Series H2 trainer.

Are you guys using Android or iOS?

I am using a H3 with an iPhone. I had the same thing yesterday after switching to slope to do VO2 intervals the. switching back to erg to do sweet spot. Had to close out the app and restart the workout to get erg back

Ok we are working on one potential solution now.

We are able to reproduce this, but it seems really random. We are still trying to figure out how to reproduce it regularly so my developer can fix this.