ERG problems related to slope mode

Today I tested the new version that is on google play, and everything worked, although I got the feeling that the ERG mode was already more balanced and with less oscillations, I think.
But finally everything works :wink:

Yeah!!! :slight_smile: We will release this version soon. Maybe today or tomorrow if all tests go well.

1 Like

Created a new topic for this since it appears to not be SB20 specific.

I tested 2.7.5 (iOS, iPad, Tacx Neo) today and nothing changed regarding this issue. Still after 30 or so seconds ERG doesn’t hold the target power. But a quick switch to slope and then back to ERG still resolves the issue for the rest of the ride.

BTW: I really, really don’t like, that the red heart rate line is now in the front of everything. It was perfect before. I know, that some users want this but I’d really like an option to put it to the back or disable it completely. I don’t need the heart-rate line during the workout.

Shoot and shoot. Will fix both.

Can you go to settings and turn off slope mode and use resistance mode and see if that fixes it?

Also I can’t remember what version of Neo do you have, and just. Our tester on Neo can’t replicate your problem. I have 2T but no time to test lately but if you have 2 or 2T I will test. Since we fixed issues with SB20, now we think this might only be a Neo problem.

It’s a Neo 1 from 2018.
I’ve just disabled slope in the app settings and I’ll give it a try this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

What I found out in the past few weeks:

• When I start the app, go to the training tab, force quit the app and restart it, everything is working fine
  • When I start the app, choose a workout, switch to slope mode on the training tab and back to ERG before I start the workout, everything is working fine
  • When I start the app, choose a workout and start pedaling, I get a short power spike after 30 seconds or so and then ERG is no longer working. Then I press SLOPE and after a second ERG again (while still pedaling) and everything is working fine for the rest of the workout.

I just got used to make this short switch to slope and ERG before I start pedaling in the past few weeks, so it’s not a big deal for me. But maybe you find something.

Ok that Neo 1 should be the same my tester has (my old Neo). Ok thanks for update. My developer thinks he might know what the problems is.

I tried it this morning and it actually worked. No issues with ERG :slight_smile:

1 Like

It seems, that saturday was just a lucky day. Today the issue was there again. But this time ERG didn‘t work from the beginning. A short switch to resistance and back to ERG resolved it again for the rest of the workout.

Strange ok

Can you create a workout that starts with a ramp? Start at 40% and grow to 70% in the firs 5 minutes or something. Maybe these quick power target changes will also solve / identify the issue.

I’ll do that.

1 Like

I started my workout today with a ramp as you suggested. I had no ERG issues during this ramp-workout or in the following merged CJ workout.
I’ll do that again tomorrow to see if it wasn’t just another lucky day :wink:

1 Like

I started today‘s workout again with a ramp and had no ERG problems. Maybe this helps you to identify and solve the problem.
As a workaround, the quick switch to resistance and back to ERG is much easier for me :slight_smile:

Yes this helps us identify the issue. Thanks,

Hi, greetings from Madrid.

I’m new to trainer day. Last weekend I installed the app in my Android tablet and run two of the free access workouts in ERG mode (Tacx flux s)

I’ve experienced the strange behavior commented in this thread (ERG mode seems to “vanish” and watts go down while riding at the same cadence).

Is this problem with ERG workouts already solved?

Thanks in advance,

Jaime

Hi Jaime and welcome. It’s interesting because one of our testers has a Flux S and Android and no issues. It sems to just affect a few devices. Since you have Android it makes testing and fixing the issue much easier/faster if you would be willing to work with my developer. It should only take about 30-60 minutes of “training time” to help and get it resolved. If you are willing best is to contact me at support@trainerday.com. It would really help us and likely @Postmeister if you could as well as I am sure some quiet users that don’t say anything. ~alex

Thank you, of course I want to participate in testing with your developer. I’ll contact you at that email.

Regards,

Jaime D.

1 Like