ERG struggling for a week

Hello, everyone,

Perhaps this topic has already been addressed, but I’m feeling really happy, and I want to share the solution I’ve found for this issue with the community.

I’ve been a part of this community for just a week, and until tonight, I faced challenges managing the ERG mode.

In other words, to stay in line with the target power during a workout, I always struggled to find the right balance between cadence and gear.

Adjusting the power, whether increasing or decreasing, didn’t always yield the desired results, the same as when switching from ERG to SLOPE and vice versa.

I was on the verge of giving up on our app, I even purchased an Ant+ dongle, but nothing seemed to work. (Elite Direto X + Samsung A52S 5G)

However, tonight, I discovered that riding with a lighter gear (primarily in the cassette) makes the trainer’s reaction almost immediate. The resistance increases or decreases in sync with the app.

It might sound like a stupid solution, and perhaps you were already aware of it, but it works, “repetita juvant”.

Now, riding is a pleasure without constantly pushing any buttons.
Great app.

Giancarlo

Thanks so much for the feedback. This is interesting. I have never heard of this.