Free version TD workouts not accepted by Garmin Connect

Hello,

Just an observation. There is no easy or hard way to load any workout into Garmin Connect, to then push over to my Garmin edge 1030+ headunit.

Even if I download any of TD’s workouts, (for example a ZWO file), then use an online converter tool to convert to FIT files, (or push to Intervals.Icu and use their converter to FIT) - no matter which way, Garmin Connect keeps showing an error message - saying some of the workout files are missing and the chosen workout did not push to Garmin Connect

Although these methods used to work 6 months ago.

Any suggestions?

Regards

I’m curious to know how this would work. My understanding was there was’t a way to “upload” structured workouts to Garmin Connect, but can do it using the “NEWFILES” option on the watch/headunit.

Tx

Hi, 6-months ago, I would assume you used our “push to Garmin” feature which at that time was free. We are so small and we realized that while we are happy to be the free workout storage and sharing platform we need to start making a profit which benefits both our free and paid users in general. So sadly for some this push to garmin feature is now paid.

I have never heard about Garmin allowing importing of planned workouts. You can obviously painfully use their workout creator to create them. When you are uploading to Garmin a fit file, I believe Garmin assumes that to be a completed activity not a planned workout.

“Hi, 6-months ago, I would assume you used our “push to Garmin” feature which at that time was free. We are so small and we realized that while we are happy to be the free workout storage and sharing platform we need to start making a profit which benefits both our free and paid users in general. So sadly for some this push to garmin feature is now paid.”

Yes, makes sense indeed.
No need to apologize at all, (whether being a small, or not so small business) for trying to make a profit!
Will consider paying for the feature.
All the best.

Thanks for your understanding. Some people get mad if we don’t provide stuff for free… I try to always be sensitive to this. I get negative reviews some times. “Not enough free features…” or something similar…