Free vs Membership

Hi,
i can’t understand the difference between the free and the premium account.

Which are the “many more premium features” ?

i don’t need plan or coach jack, because i already have my personal coach who set up on training peaks the workouts.
I Only need the app to run TP workouts and automatically synch the workout with Strava and TP.

That said, I still think it’s worth paying this small fee to support the product, hoping that the contributions are invested in the development of the platform.

Yes, you are right and thanks. I should improve that pricing clarification. But as you can see you are limited to 20-free workouts in our training app if you don’t have premium. This means you can’t use TP calendar workouts with out the premium option. Strava sync is free. Hope that helps. Once you upgrade and connect to TP in our webapp and turn on the WOD feature you will see the next few days of TP workouts on the plan tab in our app.

There is video here showing WOD feature. You also need to press refresh in our app after upgrading from the web site.

https://blog.trainerday.com/how-coached-cyclists-can-use-trainerday-db5acb79e3ab

1 Like

in the free plan, the 20-workout included - does it include the workouts i create for myself ?

Hola @toravir. In the free version you cannot use your own created workouts. Only this 20-workouts.

I’m on the paid version but am curious never the less. The blurb on the website suggests the limitations are in the app. Does this limitation extend to the ride now option in the desktop product?

Also, the blurb suggests access to thousands of free community workouts. Am I correct in saying these can be downloaded and copied to training peaks to be WOD or dropped into zwift?

Also for clarity, are we saying that workouts created outside trainerday cannot be “pushed” to the free version so as to use the app to control the trainer?

If so, in terms of the OP, the best solution would be to push the workout from Training Peaks to Garmin etc head unit that can provide trainer control would it not?

You can only use the 20 included workouts in the app, nothing else so ride now will not work, no workouts ONLY the 20. I tried to make that as clear as possible after other people were confused, see below.

A creative workout builder can design and execute an unlimited number of workout variations in real time as they are riding in our app even in the free version by merging workouts together and using the + - and skip feature with auto-extend turned on. Really I bet you could build any of the 20k workouts we have while riding by merging and skipping in real time, it just would require some focus and creative thinking.

You can download the workouts but TP does not have an upload feature so you must upload to a Zwift folder on your PC (lots of info of this with google) and restart or start zwift.

With the free version you also don’t get sync to strava but you can download the finished activity and upload it yourself.

There is no easy way to get custom workouts into TP other than via paid TrainerDay, so pushing to Garmin from TP is not a viable solution unless you buy a TP training plan for example. Paid TD is the cheapest and easiest way that I know of to get workouts on to Garmin.

Does that help and make it clearer?

1 Like

As for paid version - have you ever considered lifetime option? This is by no means directed at you personally, just in general - I don’t like that everything these days has to be subscription model. I would love to pay few more bucks for lifetime version and have lesser expectations of new features.

I hate, hate, hate subscriptions!!! So I fully understand. I avoid them as much as possible. So as the customer I understand it 100%. There are hidden disadvantages for you as the customer that are not so obvious.

A problem is, if you have a price such that makes sense to the customer than after 5 years or so most or many of your customers can have a lifetime license and you don’t have much income so at that point the software starts to die or at least slows down, you have much more un predictable growth…

So it feels like businesses gain the most from subscriptions but ultimately in most cases the customer does too because the business can be healthier via more consistent income. You can see in our case we have very low prices so it’s not like we are making a killing.

Again, I fully get it. I was trying to come up with a package for $500 including a re-sellable lifetime license and pro level bike fitting and some other stuff but ultimately gave up on it.

I am guessing most people are not coming to us looking to spend $500 but obviously for us, then it makes a lot of sense.