Garmin Connect Issues (Sync and HR?)

Hi! So, my goal is to use trainerday as main platform to schedule my workouts, and ru this workout through my Garmin Egde. I’ve no interest in using the app, mainly because i want to use my phone during the workout.

With that said, lately I’ve been experiencing several issues with Garmin connect and Trainer day:

1. Only syncs next week (using calendar). According to the instructions it should sync the present week and the next one;
  2. Some times i prefer to use HR over power. The HR zones on trainerday are correct, but when synced with Garmin, they appear way off (much lower BPM values);
  3. Can you please explain the how to use HR converter ratios?

Thank you

Hi Pepe, let me have our tester test this and see what is going on. If there is an issue here we will fix it asap. I will let you know ASAP what we find.

You should still be able to use your phone with the app in the background.
I do it all the time… browsing FB and the occasional website etc.

Ok I just tested. For me this week and next week show up. If you created a CJ plan by default it starts next Monday. So look at your calendar to see if you have something scheduled for this week.

You are right there is a bug regarding conversion.

Generally the logic is 140bpm*40% *1.4 = 78. See conversion below.

I see one issue below the name should change. It does not need to reference FTP in the title when converted to HR maybe we will add (HR) to the title to make it super clear. Also it seems you can’t change today’s workout and have it re-sync but we need to fix that.

We should have this all resolved in the next day or two. Thanks for bringing this up.

Thank you very much for you answer. I like to watch a movie on the phone and still be able to follow the workout.

1 Like

Hi Alex,
Thank you very much for your effort:

1. Probably that was the problem, i will get back, if it still persists;
  2. Perfect!
  3. With this info i will adjust my training zones.

Thank you once again

1 Like

My developer sees the HR % bug so should be fixed tomorrow. You are welcome. We each have our own ways of training and that changes at times. :grinning: We try to allow people to train their way, and inspire them towards a health first approach when possible.

If you do some fund raising and employ some more people and then with proper advertisement plus your passion, trainerday could be the used used app by cyclists in next 5 years.

Thanks for your appreciation. Funding is double sided knife. We are growing at a rate that in 2/3 years we should be pretty big and you look at the VC route which is grow at any cost and now Wahoo is almost going bankrupt with that approach. We are fine going slow, staying the lowest price, and trying to be the highest value for some people.

We need to just get to that next level of quality and a few key features. We are coming out with a big one in 2023.

1 Like

So the HR bug is fixed but we see 2 additional things to fix. One is we are working on re-sync button to fix existing workouts. Second we see that sometimes it does not sync to Garmin. Both of these should be fixed soon.

If you switch back and forth from hr to power it will resync your workout to Garmin and fix wrong hr values.

What

Or just move workout from one day to another. Or insert week and delete week should fix all workouts.

Thank you! i’ve checked with my account and bug is fixed!

1 Like