Garmin Power target change error (Garming Bug)

There is a Garmin bug: if you change target watt during a WO, it isnt the actual target watt, rather the first interval target watt and the problem it will be the active target as you log into this menu on Edge, make it simple you can see on this video:

Garmin try to prove this is beacuse 3rd party apps and solutions, but in this video this is a simple WO created in Connect and used only Vortex to control.

Garmin response : “it is not one that has been widely reported.”

If you have the same issue please report to Garmin maybe they will correct it sometime:
https://support.garmin.com/en-US/

Garmin topic: https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-530/282249/power-target-change

1 Like

Interesting. My belief (but I might be wrong) is most users that use ERG just follow the workout and don’t change it. That is why I would guess it is not widely reported.

I think Garmin and Wahoo are the same they don’t care about what seems like a small number of users affected. In Wahoo’s case it seems like the performance cyclist is secondary when it comes to their Elmnt. Most Elmnt users are just guys that like to track their rides outdoors. Obviously performance cyclists are influencers and should get special treatment from these companires in my opinion :slight_smile: But I agree more people should submit this.

Secondly this is another reason to use our app indoors :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am enjoying test all kind of setup and always explore a wonderful new cell of “s#cker matrix” (as i call it).

Other point of view: we do free testing to them and it is a simple bug and i think would be easy to fix: target power change value should be active after press confirm and that is all. Bit i am a little angry they dindt even test it internally and say: we dont really care.

This should be a simple test case and part of regression testing. I am very surprised they dont care about bugs as an sw company should. And it bug occur with 1030 and Neo2 too, using only their ecosystem, so not only my “cheap” setup.

Got a new answer today:

“Thanks for following up on this matter. I have received information from out engineering team that this issue will be specifically addressed in a software update, but I do not have a planned release date for this software update at this time.”

Wow!!! Nice work.