Garmin Rally XC200 incorrectly recognized

Hi, with newer app versions happened 2 times that my XC200 power meter pedals were incorrectly recognized as a trainer instead of a power meter. Never happened some versions ago with old BT library. I noticed the error because power match was not working and I had to disconnect and reconnect pedals to let the app recognize them correctly as PM. Worked for 2-3 workouts in different days and then happened again.
I’m currently using a Garmin Instinct 2 connected via ANT+ with pedals and Elite Suito, and a phone connected on both via BT. Suito is controlled as a trainer using Trainerday, smartwatch is just recording data as speed/cadence.
Nothing serious, just to report a strange behaviour, wonderful application though.

Oh interesting. Thanks for reporting this and thanks for the appreciation. I will mention this to my developer. Those pedals must be FTMS pedals and so it gets confused and thinks it’s controllable for some strange reason.

Can you clarify if you are Android/IOS? And which version of OS and device? We have a Suito and XC200.

I have a Motorola Edge 30 neo with Android 13.

Do you happen to have the beta version of our app? I think this is a problem with the beta version. We have replicated this and will fix it in beta, and if it is a problem in production we will fix it also. Please let me know.

Never used a beta, I’m on latest stable release 4.5.0

Ok, strange… So my tester has Rally pedals and saw this today and just disconnected and reconnected and it switched from smart trainer to power meter. If your’s is consistently showing as smart trainer, would you be willing to work with my developer to fix this? It should not take long.

Never-mind, we are pretty sure we figured it out and the fix will be available soon.

No I have same problem, they’re not shown always as trainer but just sometimes, as your tester verified, and disconnect/reconnect solves problem. Perfect match.

Ok, thanks, we are hopeful we have a fix but since it is intermittent you can not be 100% sure.

Yesterday, I had to remove all devices from the pairing screen and let the app redetect them. I was unable to connect to my trainer, it did not appear on the list of devices.
Removing all devices from the screen, restarting the app and redetecting devices solved it.
That was the first time I had problems at start-up.
The app connects to my Dare2Ride trainer, Assioma pedals and Coros Pace 2 rebroadcast HR channel. (Coros Pace 2 connects to Polar H10 in ANT and rebroadcasts in BLE)
My cycling computer connects to the Pedals (ANT) and Polar H10 (both ANT and BLE for IQ field).
Why 3 recording devices?
Well, TrainerDay is only used as a workout player. Garmin Edge collects al cycling specific data including Alpha1, respiration and RR intervals. Coros has all my activities (walk, jog, run, cycle,…) and tracks overall Health, Load and activity time per discipline. All come together in Intervals.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes different people are occasionally reporting connection issues. We have seen the occasionally ourself like after and upgrade or something. Since it seems so rare for us we are unable to trouble shoot it. On other user sent me an email and says it regularly happens to him. If you never uninstalled our app after all the recent bluetooth changes it might fix the issue and keep this from happening again.