Heart rate no longer displaying - shows 0

Starting around the beginning of January I’ve had issues trying to get a heart rate to display in the app. I have to garmin dual band heart rate monitors, new batteries in both. One was working fine with the app previously and consistently. Then at the beginning of January it wasnt displaying. So i put a new battery in - no luck. Then I tried a new HRM out of the box - no luck. I have no issues getting the HRMs to work with my garmin devices. The app will show one or both HRMs as connected but then when I’m wearing it, the display shows my heart rate as 0 the entire time. I checked and my phone bluetooth is not connected to the HRM (I believe I’m only supposed to connect through TD which appears to be the case).

Help?!

Uninstall the app and re-install. I bet it will fix it.

Hi Alex,

I really don’t get it to work. Uninstalled the app. Restarted my phone several times. I’m not connected to my garmin hrm strap with my phone or any other device. I do t know what els I can do.

Hello,
What type of HR strap do you use?

Br,
Marek from TrainerDay

Hi Marek,

It’s the Garmin Hrm-dual.

Regards,
Tjalle

Hi Marek,

i found it! It was a Garmin issue. I found this on another forum so just posting it to help others:

After researching the HR Connection problem for the past 4 hours. I finally found the solution in an iphone thread from 2021. HRM Dual when actually connected over the bluetooth interface of android, it somehow stops to work with all the apps.
The only way to restore the functionality was to completely reset the wifi and bluetooth of your phone. (Search for reset bluetooth in the settings.) Forgetting the device only doesn’t work.

my addition, on newer Android versions it should be reset here:
Clear Bluetooth cache and data: Go to Settings > System > Reset Options. Select ‘Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth’ or go to the Bluetooth settings and clear its cache and stored data

Garmin HRM dual only allows one connection at a time. I resetted all my phone networks and the Heart rate shows. So weird it connected but did not show a number.

1 Like