Heart rate no longer works in app using Garmin Broadcast (RESOLVED)

@Alex The core of his problem is not Ant+.
It´s the HR from the watch Garmin Instinct 2 that is no longer working on BLE.

Thanks, yes I understand that. He was also asking about Ant+ so I am saying that can work also. My guess is this is Android 13 problem (that likely requires us to change some code) but let’s see.

I am on Android 12! Cool to hear there is ant+ on Android now!

Hey , I don’t know what changed today but on this mornings ride, everything is working again… I didn’t change any settings or anything like that.

Strange, but good news.

I did create a new training plan for myself, I am not sure if that made a difference.

No that really should have no effect. From time to time random bluetooth issues occur. Zwift can have a team of testers and a million devices to make sure they have less bugs but on the forums Zwifters still report issues :slight_smile: so it just happens. We try to take each issue very seriously thinking that where there is smoke there might be fire :slight_smile:

Very glad it is working for you. The funny thing is, I just ordered a 955 watch so I can test Garmin HR more often. I had two people report different Garmin HR issues at the same time, but for the other user broadcast HR worked great, just not the virtual run feature in his Garmin Watch.

Just FYI, (new user) - I tried my 955 using HR broadcast today - (IOS Iphone 14)

The app found and paired with my 955, but recorded the HR as 0 all throughout the activity.

I tried stopping and restarting broadcast, removing and re-adding the 955 - and I verified that the HR was indeed broadcasting from the 955

DM me if you want more details

Thanks,
Kelly

I did not test it today, I assume it still works. But I have 955 and this works fine. Make sure the 955 is not directly paired to your phone in settings, only to our app. This might help. If not let me know and I can test.

I realized I could spend 30 seconds and test… :slight_smile: Works fine iPhone 11. We need to fix this issue if it is previously paired directly to phone.

Yes, I had previously paired my 955 for some other apps. Should I ‘forget’ the 955 and try re-pairing??

Thanks,
Kelly

Yes, re-pair directly in our app after forgetting in iOS settings.

For anyone viewing this later:

This seems to work - I was worried it might cause problems w/ Garmin connect - but it was able to sync.

I never got a chance to re-pair directly in app - BT found the watch and asked to re-pair before I had a chance to try to re-pair in the TD app. I was able to see my HR in TD after re-paring the watch.

Thanks!

1 Like