Heart Rate not shown Bluetooth (Garmin HRM-Pro)

I connected my Garmin heart rate sensor to the app and it says “connected”. Unfortunately it does not show my heart rate, it just displays 0. I tried to disable and enable Bluetooth and checked for updates, but nothing worked. In other apps the sensor is working as expected.
What else can I do?

Garmin HRM-Pro
iOS 15.4.1

Hi, this is strange. I can only assume Garmin uses standard HR Ble so it should work. You don’t happen to own any Android devices you can test with do you?

No sorry I don’t… it is really strange. Maybe I can test it tomorrow when my partner visits me.
Is it somehow possible to pair the Apple Watch with TrainerDay?

Ok, yes I was thinking testing on Android would be good but also Android is much easier for my developer to find the problem. Sorry no Apple watch support. I will try to research this Garmin a bit more to see if anything pops up.

Just tested on Android and we are facing the same issues.

Hi, this is an issue I’m having with my Garmin HRM-Dual. Its showing as connected in the trainer day app and is connected to my Garmin forerunner 935 and working. But, it’s not showing on the trainerday app. Weirdly, the first time I used the hrm with trainer day, it worked, the second time I tried, it didn’t and hasn’t since despite several attempts at workarounds. It must be in Bluetooth mode as its showing as connected in the app and I’ve paired it to the phone and connected that way. This is with a pixel 7 phone and the latest Android.

Make sure the HRM is not paired with your phone in Android settings directly. This seems to cause some issues. I have the Garmin Pro HRM and 965 and it works perfect for me. Let me know what you find.

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt reply. I’ll try that and report back

I should say I mostly test with iOS but I have a pixel 6 or 7 (don’t remember) for testing. I will try that too.