How to ride one of the community workouts in the free version?

Hi all,
As explained in the web, community workouts are free to be used.
I am probably asking a silly question, but I do not know hot to actually ride them. If I log-in to traiderday in my computer (PC) and look for a nice community workout and try to “ride now” it only allows me to use trainer app to start it (but I can’t as I am not premium user, I only see the “Limited to 20-workouts in our iOS and Android apps + Strava Sync”) or send it to calendar (but again this only works with premium). So I can’t see how to really take advantage of the community plans to really perform them.
What I am missing??? I have bluethoot open and even an ANT connector, but it does not seem to change anything that allows me to perform the workouts connecting to the bike from my computer.
Thanks a lot,
Alaitz

Hi, there are different free apps you can train with as well as Garmin and Wahoo bike computers. ERGVideo is one app. Zwift for 25km a month is free. Generally you can take the free workouts and download a file or send it to a platform or device. Our app is the most convenient but the app is not free for this feature. If you find a free app or device you want to use we can help you figure out how to get our workouts on it.

Hi Alex,
thanks for your super quick response :slight_smile: I’m so grateful!
I do have Tacx training app in my phone for my bike, and I do not mind installing ERGVideo, for example. But my second silly question, how I send a one community workout to these apps?
Thanks a lot,
Alaitz

Not a silly question at all. This stuff is complicated. I did a quick google to check but it looks like you can’t load external workouts in the the Tacx app.

I have not used ERGVideo much but you can click download in TrainerDay web and download .MRC file and then load that into ERG video. I am sure they have instructions or if you open the app it might be easy to do.

Another nice option with ERGVideo is you can signup for a free TrainingPeaks account. Connect both TrainerDay and ERGvideo to TrainingPeaks. Once you do this in TrainerDay, each day you can just find your workout and click “Send To TrainingPeaks (Power)” and it will automatically show up in ERGVideo.

You can see here they say these features are free
https://ergvideo.com/ErgVideo-free/whats-free

Another option, although it will look complex is GoldenCheetah but I am sure you can find instructions or youtube video on how to use it to control your Training. I know important .MRC file is pretty easy.

Thanks again!
I’m still figuring thinks out with the options you explained.
But just to properly take everything into account, if I would go for the trainer day premium account, I would be able to connect to garmin connect in a way that once I ride one workout in the app, it will automatically appear in garmin connect (as I have my previous rides, and my runs… and would love to have all there as well)? I mean as an “performed” activity, not as “workout plan”, you know what I mean?
Best and thanks again!!

Sadly Garmin does not allow this any more for new companies. You can download and upload a file but not automatically. Only Zwift and TrainerRoad support that as far as I am aware. You can see discussion here.

Ok, I’ve tried this download-upload using TCX and worked pretty fine, I’ll think about it but I’m pretty sure I’ll sign up for a premium account with TrainerDay. How could I not with such an amazing support? :slight_smile:
Best!

2 Likes

We try. Best of luck in finding the right app for you.