HR mode going over target and auto extend (RESOLVED)

Hi, Just signed up to make use of the HR mode, have been doing a bunch of Z2 and it seemed like the ideal way to get a solid Z2 in whilst just watching some Netflix. So I set my target at 140 and everything seemed happy (although i don’t really get the auto extend, I get getting told workout had finished, can I set a different time on a quick workout?) but then the Netflix got intersting / exciting and when I looked at the app HR had climbed to 154, which wasn’t really what I expected. I thought the power would have backed off way before then. What am I doing wrong? I did have a search about first and couldn’t figure it out so I am guessing it’s something super basic I got wrong.

Generally we currently allow +2% of HR before going down again. Next version we have changed it to 0%. Please share a link to your workout. It’s aways possible it could be holding to about 143 and then if you do a quick change like letting go of the bars that can shoot your HR up and it will take our system 30-60 seconds to get it back down. If it sustained at 154 that sounds more like a problem of some sort. So generally I would say for now set it to 135 if you want a 140 max, as it is more like 140 average now.

I don’t understand your question exactly but if you turn on auto extend in the settings it will just keep extending the workout forever. So just pedal and stop when you are done.

For auto extend to work, it needs to be turned on in the settings. On Android, there is a cog to enter settings at the top of the quick workout tab.

The default duration is 1 hour. I just use that and auto extend for longer. I don’t think you can change from the default time yet.

With respect to your HR being above target, was that after the workout time had ended ? If so, maybe it will not happen again if the auto extend is working as it should.

Edit: had drafted the reply before Alex replied, but sent it after his reply without noticing he had dealt with it already.

I am marketing this as resolved because, it seems like it works correctly for everyone. Knowing it is an average not a target.