Hr training small hiccups (resolved)

Last week, using my iPhone 6+ iOS 15, my zone 2 QuickStart workout was behaving weird. The power kept going up and down making the ride not fun. I thought it could have been the latest beta so I switched to android and everything has been fine until today. It could be the trainer Bluetooth connection or maybe running on battery. Although the target hr has-been reached, the power keeps fluctuating. It seems like at the end of the ride, it feels a lot better. See screenshot.

That is strange. It would seem like it is related to the HR monitor some how, but that is not obvious in the red line. Does your HR seem to work as expected or is it showing it is stuck for periods of time. I think this is something related to your devices but it might be something we need to fix as well. Make sure your HR strap has good connection to your body (wet the sensor parts for example). Yes at the end it hitting our minimum value and the maximum is lower so it’s not so much oscillation. This is a strange one for sure. Try again, for a short test and let me know. You can work with my developer if you can’t seem to figure it out.

I’ve done 3 of these workouts now.

I’ve learned the power changes if heart rate deviates by 4 or more from the set point at even minute or half minute intervals.

It has worked very well for me.

Garmin Venu 2S watch
Saris H3 trainer
Android phone

Dave

1 Like

I have a polar H10 strap connected to the phone and my garmin Fenix 6. The hr was going up slowly and not fluctuating. you can see on the graph it is a pretty straight line. could be Bluetooth interference. not really sure as it worked perfect on the android for the past 3 workouts. I will check again tomorrow.

1 Like

Used my iphone this morning and it worked flawlessly. I had the trainer plugged in to power for faster response too.

1 Like