Improve (FIX) Coach Jack Garmin Experience

Some how there is a bug in this logic that I neve verified. THe intervals that are created are too long. A few people mentioned this but I thought my team made sure it was ok. It’s not. We are working on this. So we will redesign this to make it what I feel is great. And that includes a different indoor and outdoor experience and avoiding super long intervals like that are created now.

So indoor means we will keep it the same as what you see in Coach Jack and outdoor means adding open ended intervals to Garmin and TrainingPeaks for outdoor as well as simplifying the workouts a little more, although I am going to redesign our secondary work to be more outdoor friendly in general so indoor and outdoor will be closer.

See the other enhancement below.

1 Like

Here is the worste example I saw of how it simplified. This should have been like 4-5 minute intervals and it ended up at 33’ minute intervals. Not sure how this got missed. This is more of just a steady state ride focus in general but still I think most people are expecting more variation that this, especially because some people are using this indoors. Other workouts were not as bad as this :slight_smile:

Evening. So it’ll only simplify if you select that it’s going to be completed outdoors? You’ll probably not recall but I send all my workouts to Garmin (indoor and out).

Keep up the great work!

Yes you can send it twice, once by checking all and once by unchecking. Maybe we should add (indoor) in the title for the indoor versions. Indoor will have the smallest amount of simplification possible and if I can do it right it won’t have any. Just to keep under that 50 step limits but I will redesign our secondary work a little so it has some more repeating patterns to reduce the chances of going over 50 steps.

So this is a top priority and coming soon.

1 Like

Thank you. It took me some trial and error to realize that I wasn’t crazy and that certain workouts had overly simplified text descriptions which didn’t match the intervals shown in the workout interface.

I’ve been cloning these workouts and removing the textual descriptions and editing them manually if they fail to import for Garmin (50 steps limit as you mentioned).

Will look forward to the update.

It sounds like you are talking about community based workouts. In this case I am specifically talking about Coach Jack workouts. Yes for sure in the community workouts people put lots of funny stuff :slight_smile:

But these automatic descritpions are not editable and in this case they are specific to CJ workouts. The descritpion is describing what should be done in this case, the problem is that it has been simplified too much when you push CJ workouts to Garmin. The workout is still fine from an outdoor perspective but from indoor it is bad and outdoor could be better.

No, I was referring to Coach Jack workouts.

Oh funny, I did not know you even could clone CJ workouts :slight_smile: Funny, thanks for clarifying.