Improve Garmin Intervals

Alex. Another thing you can also change is when I change the internal to external training in garmin! He’s exactly the same and he shouldn’t. If we have 1 m of 224w another of 1m 230w out here should go to 44 or 5 m, and we should only move to the other segment loading on the lap and not automatic. Can we do something? Now come the heat :grin:
that’s one of the cool functions on the Road. Thank you

I moved this to a new topic. I should test out how TrainerRoad does this. We do this “lap button” for next segment also for Coach Jack workouts that are sent to Garmin. But we only do it in a couple places. One is at the end of the warmup. I can’t remember the other. I would love it if more people would explain the best way for this to work. Does trainer road do it for every interval? That seems extreme for me. I don’t follow structure training like this outdoor so I don’t know what is best. I need help to understand what is best. We want to make outdoor a great experience.

We also do some simplification. But maybe this and the lap button don’t work for calendar sync maybe only if you push workout there. I need to ask my guys to test understand and we need to improve this. Thanks for saying something.

1 Like

Hello Alex. How to show attached images. it’s different a workout indoors or outside the house, it changes automatically!! Gives more time at home to exercise, as you know doing a minute outside is not the same thing at home… The road trainer does exactly that, and to move on to the next exercise, we have to press the lap. If we go down the street to that climb, but we haven’t gotten there yet, if we start when we press the lap and not automatically, as it happens now in the trainer jack!! XSystem the images I sent.

This has already happened to me personally in this field I felt a big difference in training…
If you need any more help on this issue I am at your disposal to give my contribution in whatever is necessary.

This is great. Thanks so much!!!

1 Like

thanks when you need help with this matter or another I will be available

1 Like

I agree. This is one of the main reasons why I have to stop using TD during the summer.

TR provides a clear explanation on their website regarding how they handle this. Essentially, before each intense interval (e.g., over 2 minutes at over 80% FTP), a lap button is added. On the other hand, small intervals start automatically.

I believe the key point here is to establish a threshold that distinguishes between the two.

1 Like

Oh that’s good info. Yes long ones with lap and short ones, auto. I was thinking of something like this but that is simple.

1 Like

Hello Alex! Another thing that should change how TD does is when creating a training plan is different for each athlete. Type of training plan for MTB or road.
Thank you Alex for taking our opinions

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes this is definitely a good idea. Doing things a bit more like TR :slight_smile:

1 Like