Installing app on older phone

Hi, a wee question to ask, if I may.

In order to have a permanent set-up at home I’m looking to install the app on an old mobile.

Unfortunately when I try I get an error message saying the app is not compatible with the device.

The device is a Samsung Galaxy J3 running on Android 5.1.1

Is there any way of installing the app or is the phone OS just too old?

Thanks,

Al.

Sorry just too old, it’s a long story but we have to use some more modern technologies that are not supported in old versions of android / iOS.

Thanks Alex, I feared that would be the case. I take it that means it won’t run from the website either through that OS?

It will run fairly easily on a M series mac. People have gotten an emulator for Android to work on PC but that seems like it would requires some pretty solid technical understanding. So other than M1 mac and newer device I have no good suggestions. I would guess a used Android tablet could be found for 100$ (something that runs Android 13 is best) or something but I realize that makes TrainerDay not as affordable unless you have another reason to own a tablet like this.

Thanks again for your detailed response! :grinning:

I have it running on my current Android phone so can carry on as I am just now. Was hoping that I could repurpose a now redundant phone, but sadly not.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like