Intervals.icu target power options

It would be nice to have options for target power when exporting to Intervals.icu, similar to Garmin export.

The default target power appears to be “lap average power”. It appears that Intervals.icu now supports several modifier suffixes for target power, in the following form (the parenthetical comments at the beginning of each line is for illustration purposes only; the power=Xs suffix is the material portion):

- (Lap average power) 5m 42w
- (Instant power) 5m 42w power=1s
- (3s power) 5m 42w power=3s
- (10s power) 5m 42w power=10s
- (30s power) 5m 42w power=30s

I’m confused why this would be needed?

Surely target power remains constant over an interval unless the start and end power of an interval differ.

This comment on intervals.icu forum describes the use case:

Perhaps I’ve misspoken describing this as “target power”. This parameter adjusts the value from your power meter which is shown on the workout screen for pacing your effort.

Again, Trainer Day already does this for Garmin Connect export.

I understand the request and it makes sense. Because we currently send ZWO file to intervals it would be a fairly big task to rewrite this integration. But if enough people want this we could do it.

Thanks for the reply. I’m not familiar with the ZWO file format but believe you :slight_smile:

It’s kind of a showstopper for a streamlined TD (planning) -> Intervals.icu (analysis) -> Garmin (workout) workflow, but I’ll continue pushing and syncing manually to both platforms from TD.

intervals.icu appears to convert the workout to a text format. I’ll see if David can introduce an option to modify all the intervals in their interface.

Just curious which mode do you use? When we send ZWO, David could also change the default. I am not sure what he is defaulting to now but I would think 3s is the most common followed by 10s.

I always use 3s power when exporting from TD to Garmin Connect

The default now is lap average power, which makes it less useful for me when pacing an outdoor workout.

Oh i will talk to David about this. I don’t think it should be that. Maybe he will change it. That should be simple change if he is willing to do it.

David saw this. We will come up with a solution. Should not take too long.

1 Like
4 Likes