IOS App won't finish workout and crashes

HI Alex,
My last two workouts (Goombah 60 and Sweet Spot A#3) have worked fine during the workout and I completed both. However, on completion of the scheduled duration I get the normal save or discard dialogue but if i press save the app crashes. When I re-open the app the workout is still running (the green continue light is flashing) and I can press stop to get the save or discard dialogue I press save and the same thing happens. If i press discard I am taken back to my plan and I can select a new workout.
I am running the app on an iPhone 14 pro and iOS version 17.3.1 and the app version is 4.6.1.

1 Like

That’s no good. We had this happen to one other user once, I have never heard of it happening twice. I will have my developer check the logs to see if he can identify the issue. When it crashes do you get the Apple dialog box asking about crash report and do you send it?

If you have a workout that is in the continue state now, I think you should be able to restart your phone. It might be some issue that your phone is out of memory so restart might free it up. Also how long are these workouts?

Thanks for the quick response. I don’t get an Apple dialogue sorry.

Restarted the phone. The workout is still in continue state but it has saved to Strava! The workouts were 60 and 75 minutes respectively.
I did see one message on my phone that said “execution completed” but that only happened once and not sure it was related

Hi Alex
Just did another workout tonight (collywobbles 75) with the same effect. Crashed every time i tried to save and the only way to get out of continue state was to discard the workout. I restarted my phone again to see if this would get it to export but it didn’t so it looks like I have lost the workout now

Sucks… You should not discard the workout. Just restart the phone. Do you have a lot of apps running on your phone? Especially ones that might consume background services. You are really the only one I know of with this problem, other than very rare occurrences. So it must be something to do with your phone. The only other thing I can think at this time is uninstall our app and re-install. Sometime that fixes strange issues. Also can you tell me what devices you are connecting to our app? Also send me a screenshot of a workout as you are doing it. I have my developer researching the crash log today.

Thanks Alex will check all this and get back to you. I have 2 devices connected
Elite Direto trainer
Wahoo HRM
However late breaking news is that a reload of the app appears to have fixed the problem. I have done a couple of workouts over the past two days that have ended and saved normally.
Hopefully all is good now. Thanks again for your help.
Cheers

2 Likes