Is it possible to have a target HR trigger new interval?

As the title says, I’m seeing if I can build a workout that has a 30-second max effort followed by a cooldown “interval” that ends when my HR hits 120, then on to the next 30-second max effort. Is this possible? I know I can set a target HR but does it require a time? Is it possible to have an interval change be triggered by an HR value?

No that i am aware of, but i suppose you could create a rest interval for longer than it would take to reach your recovery HR, and then just skip to the next work interval. Or conversely extend the rest interval for the same effect.

1 Like

Oh, that’s clever and simple enough! Would be great if it auto-triggered since the interval HR updates on-screen is a bit slow, but this could work well enough. The trouble is I don’t know how long it will take, and it will take longer each time :sweat_smile: but a 5 minute cool-down interval should be plenty of time. Thanks!

1 Like

And if 5 minutes isn’t long enough, then extend the interval rather than skipping it. Who knows, what you request might be planned for in HR control 2.0

This is an interesting request but seems too limited to do this auto start next interval when specific HR target is reached. I agree the making the rest longer and pressing skip is the best option. But I will switch this to a feature request so people can vote for it. I can be wrong at times :slight_smile:

1 Like