Issues with fluctuating power

I use Trainerroad in the winter and TrainerDay in the summer. And I use a Wahoo Kickr Snap with Assioma Duo pedals linked to the kickr and with powermatch turned on.

When I do 30 second off 30 second off vo2 max intervals, the power is all over the place. Sometimes during the 30 second recovery it’ll start reducing to the recovery power, but then go back up again. I have to stop pedaling to reset it. It’s extremely frustrating, and don’t have these issues when using trainerroad with the same workouts…It ramps up quickly for each high interval, and reduces just as quick for the recovery.
This is making me not want to use TD at all.

Anyone else have this issue or have found a fix? Cheers.

TrainerDay’s PowerMatch function, as it exists now, is not good with short intervals and that is likely what you’re experiencing. Check behaviour with PowerMatch turned off.
You could try to do those short on/off intervals in slope mode.

1 Like

Our power match for 30 second intervals is terrible. I think the only solution is turn it off. If you know what the adjustment should be you could just press + or - to get it to the right level. Sorry I don’t have a better answer but if you remember in TR it took them a long time before they did power match 2.0. This is something we need to do also but it is very complex and we don’t have as much money as them.

I also agree with MedTechCD that slope mode can be fun for shorter intervals especially less than 10 seconds but usually 30-seconds without power match is fine as well. You will still have accurate power recorded without power match, it will take it from your pedals but it will just be slightly off from your target watts potentially. Maybe you know this :slight_smile:

We might be seeing this same issue and are working on a fix that might resolve your issue if you are still having it.