Latest activity done on TD app did not sync correctly + different distances when it did

Hey all, love Trainer Day, been using almost a month now! I’m using the TD calendar with Intervals.icu, and also sync to Strava and Apple Healthfit.

I have been doing all my indoor rides via the TD app on my Tablet (linked to HR Strap, and Elite Trainer) and once a ride is completed, it always syncs within a few seconds. All good until my latest ride today.

I did a longer ride, 3hr20m, (was part of a base training plan). After I saved the ride on the app, it did not sync. My only thought is, that since it was a long ride, I may have closed down the tablet too soon.

So, on my laptop, I downloaded the .fit file, and then uploaded it to Strava, and it pushed to Intervals.icu. It recognizes the activity a “ride,” instead of a “virtual ride,” like it normally has. Not a big deal.

However, since I did a manual upload, Strava did not push the activity to Apple’s HealthFit app … I use HealthFit with Intervals.icu for metrics, etc.

I then figured out that I could go into my TD account, and to the connections page. I saw that there was an option to sync the activity … so I did. It pushed the data to Strava, HealthFit, all good. BUT, it is showing a different avg. speed, and distance on Strava compared to TD … 69.88 miles on TD, and when it pushed to Strava … it shows 46.96 miles, and different avg, min/max speeds.

All other numbers, cadence, load, effort, power, are correct. I know that speed/distance are irrelevant with indoor training, but I am curious why it synced different data??

Hopes this makes sense … not a huge deal, but perhaps a bug??

We had a bit of a server issue today so that might have caused your initial sync issue (requiring manual sync). You are saying the distance from the activity after pressing sync was different then in TD? Or different than the one that was uploaded?

Yes, it shows 69.xx miles on TD, and when I synced it from the website Strava shows 46.xx miles. The .fit file I downloaded shows the same data as TD. I do have the check box to show a random map on.

Strange, thanks I will have my developer take a look

1 Like

Sounds good!

Ok yes it seems we have a bug with super long distances and routes. The simple solution is to turn off routes in the strava settings. When we get some time we will fix this.

1 Like

Oops, after my developer found the problem he decided to just fix it. It should be fixed tomorrow.

Awesome thanks so much for the update!!

1 Like