Merge intervals with identical targets

Hi Alex,

So far my outdoor-only experience with coach Jack is quite good, I’ve started the second 4-week block and really like the setup of a new plan (especially the option to limit the daily workout duration to fit my schedule!) :+1:
One thing I repeatedly notice is that the created workouts contain adjacent intervals with identical power targets, which leads to an interval countdown on my head unit (Wahoo Bolt v2) and even a chirping sound even though nothing changes.

I suggest to post-process the workout and merge these intervals.
On example from the SFR #2 workout in my plan:

[…]
8 X 1’ @ 75% (35-45 rpm) with 2’ @ 40% rest
4’ @ 40%
5’ @ 40%

which for me should be

[…]
8 X 1’ @ 75% (35-45 rpm) with 2’ @ 40% rest
9’ @ 40%

Note: this is different but somehow related to the outdoor-specific requirement of merging intervals with small target differences (e.g. going from 217 W to 221 W isn’t practical on an outdoor ride – and barely measurable with typical power meter accuracy).

Cheers,
Joschka

Oh great suggestion!!! We will do this right away. Very happy you are happy :slight_smile: So in this case you would have to re-generate your plan. But we will have edit plan feature at the same time. How are you getting your plan to your Wahoo? Via TP or downloading file? We are also planning on creating .plan file with dates in it that can be loaded to wahoo.

1 Like

So far I’ve been using the TP sync as it’s a one-click solution.
After creating my new plan I thought about converting MRC files to .plan files for the SFR workouts (so that cadence targets are also shown) but haven’t had the time yesterday.

1 Like

Hi Joschka , we are review this duplication of segment targets and it seems it should not happen that often (although in one case we can see where it can repeat in a specific workout sequence). Was there one partictular workout you saw it? If so could you provide a link to that workout? We think we have fixed it but reviewing your workout or workouts with a problem it will will help us better make sure.

It’s been happening to my workouts quite often. I don’t mind, it’s only that, sometimes, I’m waiting for the “beep” for the next interval, and then realize I’ve already been in it for long seconds… And sometimes (before the recent updates with the information for the next coming interval), I was anticipating by pushing some more watts for the next interval, until I realized that the next interval would be at the same power.

Here is a screen capture of my recent workouts, you’ll see that most of them finish with 2-3 intervals at the same power: