Mobile App + Elite Kura Trainer

Hello.
I did not know where to post this and i hope this is the right spot.

I Have Elite Kura trainer. I tried adding devices through mobile app and all i get from Kura trainer is speed & cadence sensor but no power readings.

Do i have to wait for improvements to the app or can i do something to fix my issue :slight_smile: ?

Ty

Hello there. It looks like Power should work but it will not control your trainer. Not sure why the power is not working. Do you have the latest firmware update?

Thank you for response.
I checked and i have the latest firmware on my Kura trainer.
I think the ANT+ update will make it work :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work

1 Like

You also must have a mobile device that supports Ant+ (Samsung phone or tablet or others)…

I know :slight_smile: I have some older Xiaomi phones that come with ANT+ and that I have used with Trainerroad.

1 Like

Just an update.
I tried my Elite Kura trainer with Xert app and it also only finds/displays speed & cadence (no power).

It’s strange. Really it says your device supports BLE PWR but it appears it does not. Yeah, Ant+ is still going slow, waiting on a volunteer programmer. He keeps making weeking progress though. We need to do most of the work once he gets some example code working.

I also have the Kura, it works via BLE on other apps like TR, Wahoo Systms, Rouvy etc, but not on TrainerDay? The trainer does not support ERG mode, but the power meter should be similar to other Elite trainers?

Hi, I am a little confused on your question. Looking at your trainer it looks as though it is a smart trainer so I assume you are asking if our app should control your trainer in ERG mode. According to DCRainmaker I thought it said the Kura supports FTMS but according to Elite it does not. See below. Those other companies are much bigger than ours so they have written code to support most all of the trainers, we focus on the most popular ones. These days all new trainers are one of 3 BLE protocols, FTMS being the most standard.

You can see here it says the Kura does not support FTMS so that is why we can not control it.

https://elitesrl.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005339249-Protocols-used-on-Elite-trainers

The part I was confused about is I think we should be able to read your power meter and record it but just not control the trainer. Is that what you are seeing?

I would love to support all trainer too but we are just too small. Sorry. If you happen to have an iOS (to set it up) you could buy a NPE Cable device for ~$50 to convert Ant+ to FTMS but I realize that partially defeats the purpose of saving money with our app.

Hi Alex!

The Kura cannot be controlled by an app, it just transmits accurate power. It is a fluid trainer with a power meter.

I tried your app via an iPhone and and iPad, and it seems like TrainerDay can read the power on the iPhone, but not the iPad. Any theory as to why that is the case? When posting my original question I had only tried the app on the iPad.

Oh I see, thanks for clarifying. I would say it is related to iOS version. Can you tell me which iOS version you have on the iPad? Also try restarting the iPad it might help.