New Coach Jack Version - Supports Edit and Clone and removed "Create Next 4-weeks"

Ok looks like such a small change, but it was not easy.

We also removed the concept of “Create Next 4-weeks” as that over-complicated the problem. Now you always create a full plan, or a full remaining plan if an event based plan is in progress.

5 Likes

Brilliant!

How does this effect existing plans? I’m on week 3 of 4 and looking at mine, I can’t see how to now create the rest of my training plan.

Would you recommend finishing the 4 week block and essentially starting again?

Thank you.

Is it possible to build the start date into the training plan creation? For instance I’ve 2 weeks left of my current plan but if I want to create my next plan, it assumes the start date will be next Monday and if I’ve a target event, it gives me say a 12 week plan when actually, I only need a 10 week plan.

Similarly, if I want the plan to start this week I can’t and so my plan could actually be a week short for my target event.

Thanks again.

Just click edit/save and create full new plan but just skip the first X weeks, or only send specific weeks to another platform. Make sense? But yes we should make this more clear. We will do that ASAP.

1 Like

If you have event based it should work this way. My developer might have forgotten to create start dates for existing plans. He should do that today.

1 Like

There is a workaround in so far as you can manipulate your target event but it would be useful to be able to select both start date and target event date when creating the plan so you have the correct amount of weeks in the plan of creating ahead of time.

Hi Alex,

maybe it’s a problem of mine, but when trying to edit it stays blank. My internet seems to be working fine.

maybe it’s because the plans I have in CJ were created a long time ago?

regards;

I suspect that’s it. I think you’ll need to create a new plan to have the ability to edit/create next phase of plan.

1 Like

Some old plans are editable but the real old ones may not be. My more recent ones are. I believe my developer just fixed the start date issue so that should resolve some peoples issue.

Making start date editable, I felt had too many risks and confusions for people for now but I agree that it is a very useful feature and something I hope/plan to add soon. Right now it is always the closest Monday. But if you want to create a plan in advance then you would like to change the start date to something in the future, I get that completely.

Right now if someone really needs me to do a start date update to a plan I could :slight_smile: in our database.

1 Like

Try editing again now that the start date should be fixed and let me know.

Now Working. Excelent! Nice upgrade. This will bring much more flexibility to CJ. :clap:

1 Like

ottimo lavoro, veramente bello, complimenti ora usiamolo e vediamo se sarà necessario qualche altra modifica, ma a primo impatto sembra ok.
Grazie mille Alex. :+1:

1 Like

Hello Alex! I have to thank you publicly. I did the first race of the year and made the best classification. 10 place master 40.
The workouts are working.
I ask you in March I have several tests! Can you put multiple events on Coach Jack?
Thanks

1 Like

Congradulations!!! Don’t worry I did not forget about this. It took a lot longer to do this edit feature. Now let me see how much effort that will take. I let you know in the next week when I think we can get it done. Thanks again

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Copying CJ Plan to My Plans drops final week (FIXED)