Newbie in TD - Import trace route (NOT activity)

Hi everyone and thank’you for accept me on board !
I’m new w/ Trainer Day, i’m an Italian Cyclist from more y/ and i ride for the most of the race TT. Sorry for my not too good English, but i not love the automated translator, for me isn’t useful for help to write or speak in another language ;O)
Just a question: i have create, w/ Ride With GPS, a trace for my next 11 KM Time Trial. (TRACE, not a rided course…). Now, is possible import in TD and ride it ? From RWGPS is possible export in more format: GPX, FIT, TCX… Could you please explain to me, if it is possible, to import the track so that I can try the route on my smart trainer? (Tacx Neo2T). Thank you very much for the support. All the best. Corrado, Italy.

Hi Corrado, we love Italy here, especially since my partner is a famous Italian Cycling Coach Andrea Morelli :slight_smile:

You can import your route from ride with gps and we will have the slopes. But this will not give you ideal pacing/power like BestBikeSplit will. That is a complex program but it will give you good TT power targets which is the ideal way to train.

1 Like

Hi and thanks for your suuport ! And yessss, i know, for read more articles, Andrea Morelli ! is in Mapei Research Studio ! Chapeau ! Yes BBS is very complex system analyses, i have read more positive opinion also in the Pro’s World. I think that for my needs, it is sufficient to know approximately the power effort to maintain. Obviously, once the gpx file is imported, however, I need to be able to perceive the intensity based on the degree of the slope. If TD have this option, is good for me. So, i need just subscribe TD and, after, import the GPX file ? After, i need ride on my Tacx Neo 2T smart trainer through the TD app on my smartphone or tablet (ios). Exactly this procedure ? Thanks again Alex, have a good afternoon ! BR. Corrado.

So we change the slopes based on what is on the route but since there is no visual simulation of speed then it’s hard to know what speed you should be going. You would see the changes in slope. You can subscribe and try it. I would say it’s not great for TT race planning.

But yes you can ride it in our app with your Neo 2T with your phone or Tablet. Try it. If you are not happy and subscribe from our website I am fine refunding your payment.

1 Like

Perfect, in this day i go to subscribe and to try, i hope send good news ;O) Yes, the important aspect, for me, is dosage the power in the first 6 KM of the TT. This is the positive slope part (110 mt), after, the second part, is after a 'U 'turn and return on the same way but in descent. Thanks again Alex. C.

i have forgot… i need, to upload the GPX, TCX or FIT file ? Is the same, all accepted on the App ?
And… to feel the slopes of the ground, and generate the appropriate power, I need disable the erg mode, right? Thanks again.

Yes just switch to slope mode on the main training page in the app.

1 Like

There is a second way to do this which is watch your progress on a map in our broadcast mode that you can see your workout on a PC or mac. In settings in our app it will tell you how to enable it. I am not sure it will help but it might. What would be interesting is if you could switch to street view and watch the roads you are on.

So you can load the GPX, FIT or TCX, create a workout but then also load the original route file into our broadcast screen to see the map.

1 Like

Thank you very much Alex, you have really provided me with valuable information. I’ll get to work tomorrow. Yes, in fact, visualizing the point of the route where I am could be very useful and, by linking the sensations detected by the degree of slope, it will then be quite easy to remember them on the ‘true’ route. Obviously there, on the day of the race, there will be other variables, including, wind and direction, surface and, above all, my fitness ;O)) Thanks again, I’ll update you ! Good evening ! Cheers.

1 Like