Outdoor Workouts Wahoo

Currently on a CJ training plan and loving it so far. I have used other systems and so far TD and CJ have kept me progressing and balanced as opposed to exhausted and unmotivated.

I have read some posts regarding outdoor workouts, particularly with Garmin. While i do push workouts to TP then to my Wahoo the workouts are not adjusted for outdoor rides. I can work with this and generally try to keep to the “spirit of the effort” but it would be nice if workouts can be adjusted to better suit outdoor rides.

1 Like

This is getting to be a top priority. I wish we could have gotten it done before the weather started getting nice. It might take a few more weeks to finish up what we are working on and start this. Thanks for such a nice way of asking for this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Alex,

Thanks for the reply, I love your personal communication and involvement/dedication in the platform. Happy to hear you are working on this development.

Ive just been so happy with TD, the philosophy really seems to work for me. So many great things to say about it and i am sure I am only scratching the surface of TD current capability. Honestly after using SYSTM and TR, then finding no “home” in Zwift or the other “simulation” platforms, TD was the one that pulled me out of a slump and helped get the traction I needed to find a consistent balanced approach. Just improved my FTP by about 12%, not burnt out and still motivated. :bike: :trophy:

2 Likes

Workouts with 50+ steps for Z2 are pretty much useless with Garmin, so I just ride using IF target and that’s it. As for the rest, indeed, I edit workouts in TP simplifying them after MS. 10 steps of Z2 make no sense outdoors so I just put 1 long and ride on.