Please bring more of the web features to the mobile app

There are a few things I constantly wish I could do from within the app:

• Workout details: From the workout detail page within the app, I’d like to be able to tap on an interval to see the duration/power target/etc. like the mouseover popup on the website. I think this functionality used to exist, but somehow got lost in one of the updates.

• Browse and search full workout library (with internet connection)

• Edit workouts within the app: doesn’t have to be in a slick mobile format for now; it could simply be the same interface as the website. Or even a link to directly open the workout in the mobile browser edit/save, and re-sync in the app.

Hi, you are right!!! We changed from web view to mobile view for details which is much faster but we lost the click to see the intervals. We will add this back.

#2 You can search all workouts now in the app, do you mean review without searching?

#3 Is the only thing you personally want is to change target power or duration of intervals? Just currious. We would probably add a link to the web site because it is a lot simpler. Just trying to understand your workflow and desires.

I would primarily want to be able to change/add slope changes as most workouts in the library don’t have them. I’d also like to be able to add additional sets or reps and change the duration of the work/rest intervals.

1 Like

Can you explain? I am a bit confused on this. You can clone any workout you want and add slopes to it. And you can press ± in the app to change the slopes if you turn off ERG.

Yes, but only from the web app. If I’m browsing for a workout from the lists on the app, I’d like to be able to clone and modify it quickly without having to get to a PC.

You can do this using web browser on the phone but I realize in app would be ideal. I plan to make a super fast in app workout editor but it might just be a simple creator that will create new workouts but might partially solve this.

We actually have 2 ways to modify your workout as you are training.

Reducing length or increasing length in general are super easy with skip and extend as well as the auto extend setting. You can change your default interval extend interval time by holding it down. +10s can be +5m for example. Then using + - you can set the desired intensity.

Assuming you are talking about increasing the number of intervals in a workout there are two options for this. I actually find getting good at this process makes it easy to dynamically change the workout but if you want it all automatically setup before you start training I realize this is not optimal.

#1 Use Extend and slope mode
Just press +5m as many times as you need when you get to your last interval or where you want. Then switch to slope mode and do old school intervals by using gears. Then when you finish your intervals you can switch back to ERG and press skip to get to the end of the current interval and continue your workout as it was.

#2 Dynamic ERG creation and adding intervals
Build some “interval blocks” in your library and what you do is when riding your main workout you get to your last interval and you go to the library select a block and merge it into the current workout and get more intervals from that block. Your block might have 5 extra intervals and between skip, extend and ± you can fairly quickly reproduce the original intervals.

But still your request is valid. Just giving some ideas if you were not aware of them.

Yep, I do have a “blocks” list, and that works well for changes on the fly.

Most of the time that have to browse and plan workouts is when I’m not at a PC. The workout editor that is second to none from a computer is difficult to navigate from a phone. Perhaps another solution would be to modify the mobile version of your site to be more phone/touch friendly. Smartsheets’ app is a great example of how to turn a grid spreadsheet into something easier to navigate on mobile.

Pretty sure we don’t have as much money as smart sheets :slight_smile: at least not yet :slight_smile: but yes I know mobile editing is a serious pain. I would prefer to build a simple editor in the app but the problem is what I am envisioning might not solve your problem. Can you descsribe the kind of edits you want to do?

Add slope %, modify the length of the reps/rest periods primarily. Ever since you rolled out the slope-based resistance, I’ve stopped using erg, but most workouts in the database don’t have slopes specified.

Oh very interesting on the adding slopes. That could almost be a setting in the app. “Add Slopes to workouts without slopes.” We have some automatic conversion but I am not sure if that would work for you. Lengths of reps and rests might fit into my design idea.

That’s an interesting idea on automatic slopes. Since trainers, preferred cadence, and abilities vary, perhaps you could add an option to associate certain slopes with % of FTP (like w/power and HR zones). That can be done on the website (since it’s a one-time thing), and then on the phone app there could be a toggle to use these default “slope zone” settings based on % of FTP, or to override those and use the slope specified in the workout if available (or set manually if not). For either scenario, the user could still use the slider to fine tune on the fly, but it would be convenient to be able to predetermine the slope to associate with a given power level.

That is a very interesting idea. Even when desiging a workout you could just enter slopes and automatically get % of FTP base on your own conversions. I will have to think on this more.